The who replaces him question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the names on that list are currently in work. There'd be no time to fuck about for 3 weeks sorting out compo. As far as I can see, the top name on that bookies site who's out of work and available right now is Lambert. Happy with that?

Language, Timothy.

I'll never understand it and never will. The bloke oversaw the most humiliating period of being a Sunderland fan in my lifetime, he won more Premier League games at the Stadium of Light with Wolves than he did with us. :lol:

He was given a relegation budget of just £5 million after he won the Championship title. When your big signings are from teams like Gillingham etc for a few 100k then you know you are fucked. McCarthy was never given a chance to succeed as the team of lower division players he managed to fashion into a Championship title winning team were then expected to go on and survive in the Premiership with virtually no spending. How on earth was that ever going to happen.....I liked him, good honest bloke, turned round the debacle created by Wilkinson and got us back into the Prem before being royally fucked by the board.

:lol:

19 points is f***ing inept.

15 points is simply taking the piss.

Totally agree and the board should have been strung up for giving Mick a budget that largely made that points total inevitable.

There are no reasonable options now. We've passed point of no return and we are now in it until end of season with Poyet.

The only person available that's in the mould of last 10 games kick up the arse improvement is Keane. And it's highly debatable if that is even workable with Short and just as debatable if he could actually make a difference.

The rest are summer options and a fair percentage of them are dream on category.

And for those calling for BSA, it just ain't gonna happen. We have a DoF system and he's not going to come to that I wish people would understand the plainly obvious.

As it stands I dont think there is an obvious candidate for next manager, now or in summer.

God no! Another 15pts season is in the offering if we appointed him. That was my first season as a season ticket holder so know the likes of Lawrence, Whitehead, Kyle, Babb and Breen very very well indeed. I am eager to NOT revisit the first season I saw as a ST holder.

Sadly when you are given a budget to buy donkeys its unlikely you will be buying any thoroughbreds

Let's Stay up and get the required points first eh? A well earned and fought for point tonight.

Travelling back now satisfied with that.

This ^

Imo, Poyet won't be sacked but he will leave by mutual consent in the summer.

There are no reasonable options now. We've passed point of no return and we are now in it until end of season with Poyet.

The only person available that's in the mould of last 10 games kick up the arse improvement is Keane. And it's highly debatable if that is even workable with Short and just as debatable if he could actually make a difference.

The rest are summer options and a fair percentage of them are dream on category.

And for those calling for BSA, it just ain't gonna happen. We have a DoF system and he's not going to come to that I wish people would understand the plainly obvious.

As it stands I dont think there is an obvious candidate for next manager, now or in summer.

It is utterly depressing that a club that has been in the top flight for nearly a decade now, has fantastic training facilities, a cracking stadium and averages nearly 44k a week despite watching utter turd is not seen as a massive opportunity for managers......Seriously, people talk about wanting a manager who has won things, are you for real? Give me the name of one manager who has won trophies in recent times that would come to Sunderland? Its a poisoned chalice and a graveyard for managers, a place where not a single one ever leaves with their reputation enhanced......For me everything is in place for somebody to create themselves a fantastic role and yet nobody of any real note would touch the job with a barge pole, instead we have to scrape around for untried and untested young managers or people like Bruce who just move from one mid table to relegation struggler after another.

Quick look at the bookies....Many of those would be an HUGE improvement on what we have. Would love to see Mick McCarthy given a crack at the job with a Premiership squad and a budget of more than the 36 pence he was given last time he was with us. Consistently done well over the years and at least he will have a go at times unlike Gus....Oh and when we do get beat I will actually understand the managers explanation as to why he believes it happened.

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/sunderland
Bollocks - he had plenty of but bought 17 knackers instead of 3 or 4 quality, result - shoite team, big wage bill.

He was given a relegation budget of just £5 million after he won the Championship title. When your big signings are from teams like Gillingham etc for a few 100k then you know you are fucked. McCarthy was never given a chance to succeed as the team of lower division players he managed to fashion into a Championship title winning team were then expected to go on and survive in the Premiership with virtually no spending. How on earth was that ever going to happen.....I liked him, good honest bloke, turned round the debacle created by Wilkinson and got us back into the Prem before being royally fucked by the board.

Totally agree and the board should have been strung up for giving Mick a budget that largely made that points total inevitable.

Wigan spent less and stayed up ...........

One of the single worst ops ive ever seen on here. fuck aiming high, fuck going for a manager that would genuinely excite and inspire the fans.

Let's go for a repeated failure at premiership level. If we cross our fingers it might work out.

For fucks sake man. I despair.

if Gus goes - its Sean Dyche for me. gets the best out of his players, team organised, positive attitude, ok with the media, some experience of the prem.
Another bloke who's achieved fuck all. Lets get him in. It might work out if we wish hard enough.

Last edited:
I'm actually saddened that so many of our fans seem reluctant to criticise and are willing to accept the mediocrity served up.

4 wins in the league all season.

There's little point criticising when it's not clear where the blame lies. No doubt we'll be here yet again 12-18 months after Poyet goes with the same old faces in the team and the same old posters blaming the manager 100%.

We need to stick with Poyet until the end of the season now I think. The right option won't be available quickly and who knows whether we'll have an instant reaction. Sack him 5 minutes after the final whistle goes on the last day of the season and spend a few weeks interviewing all of the viable options. I wouldn't be adverse to us giving another young coach a chance though. Paul Clement will be fine with me.

There's little point criticising when it's not clear where the blame lies. No doubt we'll be here yet again 12-18 months after Poyet goes with the same old faces in the team and the same old posters blaming the manager 100%.
I don't think any one is blaming him totally. I certainly am not. I know the players don't always put a shift in.

But it's Poyets job to buck their ideas up. Unfortunately modern footballers don't seem to give two shits. That's the way it is now with the amount of money in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back