This is England '90

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come Milky can't forgive Combo but he forgave them two bumbling buffoons that wound up in '86???

And how come Gadget and Harv weren't at the dinner?

It was the ridiculous friendship they had with those two middle aged blokes which put me off the series. It made absolutely no sense for a bunch of younguns to be hanging about with two ex racists knocking on in their 50s.

I caught the last episode of 1990, after completely skipping the last series and thought it was canny, despite Woodys overacting .

I actually think it's better when they don't over play the music and fashion scene at the time, mainly because I think Shane Meadows hasn't got a clue on that front.

Big fan of the film and other TV series - and I felt really really disappointed with the first two episodes of 90 - but Sunday's episode was utterly compelling. Brilliant TV. I was engrossed from the beginning of the Sunday lunch scene right until the end. Can't wait for the finale.

Reactions: PTR
Caught a bit of the first episode. The biggest pile of wank I've ever seen.

Everyone was adlibbing in a disjointed way and it bears fuck all resemblance to the 1990 of my recollection. I can only assume the writer was a drop of spunk in 1990.

Shane Meadows will have been 18 in 1990. No idea if he co-wrote it with someone else like.

Funny how some people think that the 'messing about in fields' and the music parts spoil it, but others think that there should be more in about the music and culture of the time.

You can please some of the people all of the time etc etc

Reactions: PTR
Rumour has it, that Milky's mate on the phone at the end of the third episode turns out to be Dev out of Corra

He wants revenge over Combo for rascist attacks in the original This is England

Rumour has it, that Milky's mate on the phone at the end of the third episode turns out to be Dev out of Corra

He wants revenge over Combo for rascist attacks in the original This is England

Only recently found out that Joe Gilgun (Woody) was in both Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back