This is England '90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seemed a bit gimmecky, but hopefully gets better. Last series and the right call I think. The 90s prog after is good, scary that it was 25 years ago, feelin old!!

Doubt I'll watch one of them again after that rape scene in the last.

I was ashamed about the wank I had over that anarl.

usual revisionist nonsense
there were no 'manchester nights' in 1990 - you had to pester DJs to fck to play the stuff.
Tv and films always pretend EVERYBODY was into the cool stuff at the time :lol:
reality was most people were a couple of years behind

Hipster.

That sniff bang scene was probably the most random thing I've ever seen on TV

You have never had a sniff bang? You have never lived. I had a sore arse afterwards mind.

Seemed a bit gimmecky, but hopefully gets better. Last series and the right call I think. The 90s prog after is good, scary that it was 25 years ago, feelin old!!

You are old.

Filmed in Sheffield again? Looked a lot like Park Hill in a lot of the outdoor scenes.

It looks nice.

Last edited:
Wish he would get his arse in gear and focus on making a new original film instead of pissing on rehashing this again. This is England was a great film, but bloody hell move on man.

Wish he would get his arse in gear and focus on making a new original film instead of pissing on rehashing this again. This is England was a great film, but bloody hell move on man.

I imagine this is making him a lot more money than his films or a meringue?

Totally unnecessary that scene was

It wasn't like - it was integral to the continuing story. Horrible to watch but completely compelling.

Unlike tonight's episode. Liked the original film and loved TIE 86 and 88, but this was weak as f***ing water tonight. Waste of good acting talent. Hopefully it can only get much much better.

It wasn't like - it was integral to the continuing story. Horrible to watch but completely compelling.

Unlike tonight's episode. Liked the original film and loved TIE 86 and 88, but this was weak as f***ing water tonight. Waste of good acting talent. Hopefully it can only get much much better.

Iirc though all of the tv series have started quite slowly then got better (or worse depending on how you look at it) as they have gone on.

Not as good as the early 'this is england' offerings

early 80s to mid 90s was tremendous period for alternative music mind. Although remember older guys at the time then saying the same about 60s / 70s

Plenty of it always got played every Thursday night at the local indie club night. Hartlepool must have been ahead of the curve back then.
Worked with a Poolie at the time( Steve Evans) he was into the scene at the time. He said then that the music was new and class down Pools, we had some great laughs at work still off our tits from clubbing.

Reactions: Sid
Worked with a Poolie at the time( Steve Evans) he was into the scene at the time. He said then that the music was new and class down Pools, we had some great laughs at work still off our tits from clubbing.
Yeah it was great and I know Steve. Sister called Julie? Trying to think where he worked - Expanded Metals?Very much into his music, always out and up for a laugh.

Yeah it was great and I know Steve. Sister called Julie? Trying to think where he worked - Expanded Metals?Very much into his music, always out and up for a laugh.
Not sure of his sister by I was at Kefco in Peterlee with him, after I left I heard he done a bit of dj'ing he was into scooters and the mod scene as well. Cracking lad.

Not sure of his sister by I was at Kefco in Peterlee with him, after I left I heard he done a bit of dj'ing he was into scooters and the mod scene as well. Cracking lad.
Yeah definitely the same bloke. Haven't bumped into him for a couple years but last time I did he said that he was still dj'ing at scooter rallies, northern soul nights etc. Cracking lad as you said.

I was 15 when This Is England came out and remember being a little bit shocked at how brutal the scene with Milky getting his head kicked in was.

It's not a light hearted series of films/episodes. I think it's all necessary though.

The other film/series were grim and miserable as sin. To the point of just being a bit shit.

Is this gonna be any better?

The other film/series were grim and miserable as sin. To the point of just being a bit shit.

Is this gonna be any better?

Looks the same set up as the other 2 series a light hearted nostalgia fest 1st episode then no doubt it'll all go to shit for some character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back