Ticketmaster Dynamic Pricing

An absolute ba5t@rds trick.

They claim it's to stop touts getting rich. Utter shite. There are ways to ensure the original ticket purchaser is the one allowed to attend. This just happens to be a method that maximises income for all with their snots in the trough.

And now it's effectively ticketmaster themselves who've become the tout.

Avoid Ticketmaster when I can, but they also own TicketWeb, which is quite decent.

Dice, Fatsoma and Skiddle are good for digital tickets. Only use Seetickets because you can get a physical ticket, though they seems to be phasing them out now.

I use Fatsoma and Skiddle for first user only tickets, the 2nd hand market for tickets is an absolute joke these days.

They always have a good laugh with the crowd
Benji is a great bloke, remember seeing them years ago upstairs in the academy 2 and he was wandering round talking to people and thanking them for coming, very charismatic bloke and great to talk to.
Went a few years later when they were playing downstairs and he must have recognised me (I’m very easy to pick out of a crowd ) and when he was wandering round he came over and said ‘Fuck me you haven’t gotten very far since the last time I saw you, have you even been home yet’

Increasing the prices when demand is high seems a really weird way of doing it. Doesn't that just put a lot of people off?
I think its a case of 'Let's use technology to see how much money we can screw out of the people who have put us where we are today'. Post-Covid, the antics of some artists/management/ticket sellers has been reprehensible. The same people who told us during covid how important us fans were. Aye, we know why.

Dynamic pricing should not be allowed on concert tickets.

It's nothing like Hotels or Airlines where dynamic pricing is necessary. These industries have days during the week which are well under occupancy so they then have to charge extra during busy periods to make up for the loss during the quieter periods.

A concert, for example Taylor Swift doesn't have a quiet period as it's a guarantee sell out so the pricing should not go up. There's no under occupancy at the majority of concerts to justify this dynamic pricing. They're just preying on the desperate.

As has been said Ticketmaster have turned into the ticket touts and are actually charging more than touts would. My daughter has just paid over £500 for 2 tickets to Olivia Rodrigo next year. Absolute piss take.

Only about 10 years ago me and a few mates saw Skindred on the Jagermeister tour at Newcastle O2 and it was only £4. There isn't a number missing from that, £4! 4 bands as well

It needs Robert Smith to kick off about it, Ticketmaster took notice of him last time. Nobody like a pissed off goth 😄

Dynamic pricing should see prices drop when shows aren’t selling well. Yet to see that happen like.
At best they may fall back to normal prices.

Even a charitable venue such as Stockton ARC is in on the slimey racket (about half way down the page)

Yeah massive vouch for twickets like as well
im chuffed as just picked up 2 tickets for Royal Blood tonight in Stockton for £49 - the original ticket prices at over £45 each I thought was shocking
One thing I don't get about twickets is the double fee caper. If you as a punter want to get rid of a ticket, you can include the fees you paid in the selling price, twickets than add their fees. Not sure why anyone would ever buy a ticket at face value plus two lots of fees from them that isn't sold out. It's canny for picking up tickets close to the event for below face value though.

Last edited:
One thing I don't get about twickets is the double fee caper. If you as a punter want to get rid of a ticket, you can include the fees you paid in the selling price, twickets than add their fees. Not sure why anyone would ever buy a ticket at face value plus two lots of fees from them that isn't sold out. It's canny for picking up tickets close to the event for below face value though.
IIRC, The seller pays the Twickets fee not the purchaser.

Artists spout shite about caring. It would be simple if they insisted tickets had a max price and could not be sold on. They don’t. All about getting as much cash as possible.
They don’t make much from album sales/streaming revenue bless them. Have to make money from touring.

They don’t make much from album sales/streaming revenue bless them. Have to make money from touring.

These days a sold out arena probably makes the artist £1m gross per date I reckon just off tickets. I’ve got no idea what the costs would be per gig.

Back