Ticketmaster Dynamic Pricing

Only about 10 years ago me and a few mates saw Skindred on the Jagermeister tour at Newcastle O2 and it was only £4. There isn't a number missing from that, £4! 4 bands as well

It needs Robert Smith to kick off about it, Ticketmaster took notice of him last time. Nobody like a pissed off goth 😄
Glamour of the Kill and Therapy? I believe played, doesnt seem like 11 years ago

Should ban the resale market. Fixed price tickets per act. If you can’t go you return the ticket to vendor and it goes back on sale at face value.

That will never happen as ticketmaster will be scared of tickets going back and not sold, best idea is a twickets system
Dynamic pricing should not be allowed on concert tickets.

It's nothing like Hotels or Airlines where dynamic pricing is necessary. These industries have days during the week which are well under occupancy so they then have to charge extra during busy periods to make up for the loss during the quieter periods.

A concert, for example Taylor Swift doesn't have a quiet period as it's a guarantee sell out so the pricing should not go up. There's no under occupancy at the majority of concerts to justify this dynamic pricing. They're just preying on the desperate.

As has been said Ticketmaster have turned into the ticket touts and are actually charging more than touts would. My daughter has just paid over £500 for 2 tickets to Olivia Rodrigo next year. Absolute piss take.

It's the artist decision to put dynamic pricing on, Taylor swift actually didn't allow it.

Olivia rodrigo had standing tickets for 275 , but also didn't have dynamic pricing on so I suspect your daughter may have bought resale

Last edited:
T
That will never happen as ticketmaster will be scared of tickets going back and not sold, best idea is a twickets system
True, but that’s the risk they take taking on the sales and pricing it correctly, in conjunction with promotors. If I buy goods anywhere else online and change my mind, I have the right to return.

If a ticket starts at say £40 and with demand goes up to say £80, does the artist get the extra £40 or is it shared with Ticketmaster?

Ticketmaster always charge a fee on top of the face value. If you ask for a refund, then they don't get the fees back.

Ticketmaster doesn't lose out.

It's the artist decision to put dynamic pricing on, Taylor swift actually didn't allow it.

Olivia rodrigo had standing tickets for 275 , but also didn't have dynamic pricing on so I suspect your daughter may have bought resale
Yeah my daughter told me that Taylor Swift wouldn't allow it as she didn't want her fans ripped off. She doesn't need to as the Swifites are like a cult and anything she releases is gone in seconds. She's an absolute money machine.

I think she got tickets direct and not resale but had to get the Platinum package or whatever name they called it, due to no other normal tickets being available. She even signed up to the Co-op loyalty app to get early access for tickets to the Co-op arena in Manchester. Logged in and all gone in about a minute.

I still think it was easier years ago when there was very little pre-sale and the sites used to crash all the time. I never ever failed to get tickets in those days, but now it's so difficult.

Yeah my daughter told me that Taylor Swift wouldn't allow it as she didn't want her fans ripped off. She doesn't need to as the Swifites are like a cult and anything she releases is gone in seconds. She's an absolute money machine.

I think she got tickets direct and not resale but had to get the Platinum package or whatever name they called it, due to no other normal tickets being available. She even signed up to the Co-op loyalty app to get early access for tickets to the Co-op arena in Manchester. Logged in and all gone in about a minute.

I still think it was easier years ago when there was very little pre-sale and the sites used to crash all the time. I never ever failed to get tickets in those days, but now it's so difficult.

Yea these extra packages are awful and that's genuinely the artist doing it.

I think the Boss allowed dynamic pricing and Coldplay did, nice left wing values from both of them

Yea these extra packages are awful and that's genuinely the artist doing it.

I think the Boss allowed dynamic pricing and Coldplay did, nice left wing values from both of them
Coldplay definitely did as my youngest daughter wanted to go see them in Manchester as she didn't go when they were on at the SOL. Logged on to book tickets £500 each.

The only way it stops is if people stop going but they know how desperate fans are to see them. It's tough on parents of younger kids as you want your kids to experience it but the prices are so out of reach. Luckily my oldest is 19 so she pays for her own now.

bring back the days of getting physical tickets from Volume or HMV 😄
I would queue for days for glastonbury tickets if it was possible, I have wrote to my MP about dynamic pricing and the resale market.

The resale market is disgusting and places like stub hub and viagogo are the real enemy.

I'm sure ticketmaster resale you may be limited to what you can charge and it can't be more then you paid

Hopefully the upcoming Gateshead Arena will help with that (if work ever starts on it).

There was a pile of rubble there last week by the looks of it …. (Mind I was on Newcastle side of the river) Not sure if that’s related to the build or not but I actually commented to the lads saying it must have started.

Back