Under-fire Sunderland boss Poyet: I stand by my tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

I couldn't beleive he never changed things at half time against hull like yes we got a draw but if he changed it earlier and give the subs more than ten mins or summit we could of won

The amount of players we need next season we are def down anyhow going of his most recent buys

Last edited:
“And I think we had moments in the first half where we looked like we were able to maintain possession, but we were missing something in wide areas.

“We knew we needed to change something.”

Baffled how he can say this then only bring on width in the 75th minute

What's more baffling is that paid professional journalists don't have the gumption to ask him exactly that?! They all just accept whatever sound bite comes out of a manager's gob without question.

I'd like Poyet to buck the trend and make a success of the job but he doesn't look anywhere near achieving that at present. If last Tuesday's line up is anything to go by he's very quickly losing his marbles and perhaps more worryingly you could sense even seasoned professionals looking absolutely at a loss about who aas supposed to be doing what.

It wouldn't be a suprise if the senior players had already started thinking ..... It's only a matter of time before this bloke gets the bullet, he's lost all confidence in his system and doesn't have a plausible plan B

Oh aye it's far from sure that Poyet could do what we need. And you're right that stuff like the other night hardly paints him in a positive light. However, I'd disagree to some extent about the style of play stuff. I think there's a disconnect between what we want as NE football fans and what's best for us as a club in terms of long term progression. The 100mph stuff that usually goes over well isn't the best way forward for us. A patient, passing philosophy is better for development of young players and better for developing saleable assets (sadly, a critical part of our medium term future). It would also bring us more success in the long term IMO. That's not to say that Poyet isn't making a massive pigs ear of it ATM. However, there was a grain of truth in what he said the other week about us wanting kick and rush - even if it was horribly misguided to hold up the most successful team of the last 40 years as the example. And that style of football is certainly limiting for a club's progression in the modern PL.

He played 4 centre midfielders and 3 centre backs. This is not about styles of play, it has gone beyond that, the team line up was utterly insane and everybody saw that line up on here and said exactly what would happen. In the next 70 minutes the blatently obvious happened. Then he changed the team to the one he should have started with and lo and behold we scored within 2 mins and dominated the rest of the game....The bloke is nuts:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back