What Have You Learned Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I learned that they do hip replacements without a general anasthetic these days, epidural and no sedative is the new way apparently. Wide awake and chatting away during the whole thing.

Is that actually safer than a general?

I know there are issues associated with placing a patient under a general anaesthetic, but surely a general anaesthetic is preferable for surgeries. What if something goes wrong? The patient is going to be fully aware. Surely that carries its own risks...

Yes I did.

I'm down to 127/74 now, so still a little high, but the trend is still downward so I'm feeling much better. They still won't let me drive or go to work though

That's pretty normal. I had a medical in July and by resting BP was higher than that.

Is that actually safer than a general?

I know there are issues associated with placing a patient under a general anaesthetic, but surely a general anaesthetic is preferable for surgeries. What if something goes wrong? The patient is going to be fully aware. Surely that carries its own risks...

Acording to the surgeon that just did my Dads op, aye. Theres always an aneasthatist on hand to put you under should things go wrong.

My Dad loved it, said the whole thing was fascinating, except for the smell of burning, reckoned that was a bit odd, smelling your own flesh and bone.

They want my Systolic reading to be under 120

:confused:

Maybe that's normal then. Hope you're feeling alright now fella.

Acording to the surgeon that just did my Dads op, aye. Theres always an aneasthatist on hand to put you under should things go wrong.

My Dad loved it, said the whole thing was fascinating, except for the smell of burning, reckoned that was a bit odd, smelling your own flesh and bone.

Nope. I'm out :eek:

That this is a very good thread title.Though that should have dawned on my earlier.

And,hold the front page, that i may have use of the car on saturday.

That if someone gives you a recipe for piping gel, try it first before putting it straight onto a special celebration cake that you're making. That way you'll know that, although it initially looks good, it will seep water and have to be scraped off!:evil:

:lol: This made me laugh.Even though i'm still not sure i "get it".

Your ringpiece has clearly seen more action then mine then marra.

Tbh i got this from your posting history anarl.

Listen mate,the only action my arse has seen,is one doctors finger.Mind,i'm still puzzled how he did that,with his hands on my shoulders.

Last edited:
I have learned not to pay a parking eye charge straight away and email an appeal template letter through that has a 61% success rate apparently.

I learned it was £4.40 for pint of Peroni in The Chesters.

Nah, I'm lying, I already knew exactly how much it cost.

I learnt that you should always check what threads have been posted before jumping into another thread and sebbing arl ower.

Learned two things:

1) There are no reasonably priced whores within walking distance of my home.
2) The liver is remarkably resilient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back