What shares would you invest in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I assume they are investment companies and spread your risk ?
As I said, I know nothing about this sort of thing.

I have just sent you a post. I am an adviser and can help you with this type of thing.

Companies producing flood protection products. Hysteria usually breeds a quick return. I made a decent return on ethical and green ISAs over the past 5-7 years but withdrew once the change of thought was in the wind (no, not f***ing wind farms).[DOUBLEPOST=1388959135][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have just sent you a post. I am an adviser and can help you with this type of thing.
Fleece and run alert.

Companies producing flood protection products. Hysteria usually breeds a quick return. I made a decent return on ethical and green ISAs over the past 5-7 years but withdrew once the change of thought was in the wind (no, not f***ing wind farms).[DOUBLEPOST=1388959135][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fleece and run alert.

Not allowed anymore due to recent Financial Conduct Authority legislation. Have to commit to offering and subsequently providing an on-going service for every investment sold these days mate.

OK then, 5 years...........

Logon or register to see this image

Ok, so let say the OP put all his 120k in this back in Spring '09 at 200p per share. He has seen his money double to 240k by Summer '11
but then in the space of a few weeks it drops to 180k and stays that way until early '12. Hindsight is a great thing but it would take perfect foresight, lethargy or balls of steel to not cut and run. I am full of advice but don't have the risk aversion to back it up and stick with it.

My vineyard shares have doubled in 6 months but they're probably at the top now like. In it for the 33% shareholder discount as much as anything.

The brains have already done their investing in the non high end London property for the current leg of the boom-bust cycle. Nov-Dec 2012 was the time to buy. Boom time then started and it became a different world when the estate agents opened their doors after new year in Jan 2013. Up 33% in six months when I was selling from first valuation figures to sale....fuckin madness.[DOUBLEPOST=1388961598][/DOUBLEPOST]Im considering Tortoise farming mesel.

It could stay there forever if it was giving a good return, if I bought a property and rented it out I would get around 5% yield, there must be better investments than that, I'm sixty two.
I'm not going to advise you! :lol: But the questions should be thought about. (I have bought shares that have crashed and burned and I've had some ten folders. ) It's fun to do a pretend investment account to see how you fare awhile.

It looks like the economy has turned the corner, if you had an amount of money to invest what shares would you buy? Never done it before, always bought property but shares could give a better return, do you spread the risk, or buy into around four companies you think are going to do well ?

Hargeaves Landsdown are doing free consultations in January-might give you a few ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back