What shares would you invest in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't twist it. We weren't, then we were briefly, and now we're not. Dope. Stopped clock is right twice a day mate. It's ok though, you're alright. Jack.
ha ha ha and you believe that shite too, keep on believing, meanwhile the "I've lost my job" threads are posted day after day, you live in a bubble son.

About £120,000

Get advice. Not from Barclays, Nat West etc - they just promote their own products.

There are some very reputable IFA's out there. Ask around - see if any friends / colleagues can recommend one. I've used Lowes at Jesmond for years. No complaints.

I know there's a charge for having someone managing your ££ but it's worth it if you don't know what you are doing. Apparently that's your position ;)

ha ha ha and you believe that shite too, keep on believing, meanwhile the "I've lost my job" threads are posted day after day, you live in a bubble son.
Are we in a recession?

What's your biggest worry mate. Not getting enough interest on your savings?

Are we in a recession?

What's your biggest worry mate. Not getting enough interest on your savings?
Not really, I have enough thanks..;) and yes we are still in a recession, though it may look different in the south, but! you go on believing the BBC and the lies the government spin....:lol:

Get advice. Not from Barclays, Nat West etc - they just promote their own products.

There are some very reputable IFA's out there. Ask around - see if any friends / colleagues can recommend one. I've used Lowes at Jesmond for years. No complaints.

I know there's a charge for having someone managing your ££ but it's worth it if you don't know what you are doing. Apparently that's your position ;)

Not all of the time - depending on the size of the investment then a bank can use a niche product via a boutique investment house

We, well who do you think, the usual victims, northerners we tend to take a kicking when ever there's a downturn, more so when there's a Tory government involved, that's why the majority of us hate them,;)
Indeed labour looked after the north east so well.

Indeed labour looked after the north east so well.
In fairness they actually did, when I came back there was an house building boom, the only time I can remember a similar boom was years ago in the early 70's and it had changed a lot from the place I left in 85, so yea you're right, they did.

I wouldn't invest until the next mini crash. Stocks will likely drop 35% later this year. Or so I have read.
Jump in when they're 30% off the peak.
Go for unit trusts. Pick 6 from uk, us, far east, property, emerging markets, europe.
I am not a financial advisor so take all the above with a pinch of salt.
Investments are for the long term. Shares can go down as well as up.
Morningstar and trustnet are good websites for information

In fairness they actually did, when I came back there was an house building boom, the only time I can remember a similar boom was years ago in the early 70's and it had changed a lot from the place I left in 85, so yea you're right, they did.
It's all credit. Foundations on sand. Their long term legacy is truly a model we should all aim for.

I'd buy a couple of cheap properties to do up and rent them out with £120,000.
Obviously do alot of research first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back