What's the one greatest sound you have ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

When at that point at the match when everyone stands up when theres a chance and the clatter of seats

Or

When you listen at the match and you can here thousands of people cracking onto each other

`unchained melody`, by the Righteous Brothers

almost at the end of the song, when the late Phil Medley sings `I NEED your love`

the younguns on here would do well to just listen to it once

the black radio stations in the states played them all the time, thinking they were a 4 piece black band

they were, in fact, 2 skinny white guys

Apart from anything to do with my daughter, in no particular order:

The North Sea - the Gulf of Mexico just doesn't sound the same
A Deltic starting up
The Roker Roar - I'll never hear it again of course.
My old Weimerarner's bark
Thunder

But mainly my daughter.

The split second after we've just scored and everyone breathes in before screaming. Like waiting for a tidal wave.

in bed in the countryside with not a sound in the world. deafening silence.

standing on roker pier with a howling gale in your ears

swing low sweet chariot at HQ

the lunchtime horn down at the shipyards from my grans place in southwick. time for valeries.

First corner at donnington park world superbikes mid90s fogarty,s heyday,20 plus ducatis engine braking into the corner,odd one firing flames,amazing noise.....

monkeytassle said:
the lunchtime horn down at the shipyards from my grans place in southwick. time for valeries.

I'd forgotten about that. Although I'd add it's time to dash to Val's otherwise you'll be stuck at the back of a queue load of lads with cardboard boxes, '6 fish lots, 2 mince pie lots, 3 sausage lots, 2 with batter 1 without...' etc etc.

The sound of the riveting at night when I was a young lad and couldn't sleep. You couldn't be scared of monsters in the dark when you knew there was a shed load of ship builders working away just down the street.

in bed in the countryside with not a sound in the world. deafening silence.

standing on roker pier with a howling gale in your ears

swing low sweet chariot at HQ

What a great way to descibe silence;)

I'd forgotten about that. Although I'd add it's time to dash to Val's otherwise you'll be stuck at the back of a queue load of lads with cardboard boxes, '6 fish lots, 2 mince pie lots, 3 sausage lots, 2 with batter 1 without...' etc etc.

The sound of the riveting at night when I was a young lad and couldn't sleep. You couldn't be scared of monsters in the dark when you knew there was a shed load of ship builders working away just down the street.
I lived in Grangetown as a kid and loved the sound of the fog horns.:)

A this evokes a picture of a old Sunderland:), the river is now silent from the music of the building of ships, shame!

Stayed on a land rig in the Congo and Gabon, right in the middle of the rain forest, when the sun goes down, the noise coming out of the forest is interesting.

I’ve always loved the sound of the foghorn. . I’d forgotten what it sounded like after moving away as a kid but got a reminder walking down Roker Avenue one very still and misty night when I was staying up a few years ago.

My favourite sound though was the first time I heard my lad singing to himself. He must have been 2 or 3 and we’d been talking about his playgroup and he’d been showing me his mates Tommy & Josh on a photo. He then toddled off to the bathroom and I heard him quietly singing ‘Tommy Josh Tommy Josh where are you…’ to the tune of Tommy Thumb in a beautiful clear voice.

It was magical, and it brings a lump to my throat thinking about it now.

I’ve always loved the sound of the foghorn. . I’d forgotten what it sounded like after moving away as a kid but got a reminder walking down Roker Avenue one very still and misty night when I was staying up a few years ago.

My favourite sound though was the first time I heard my lad singing to himself. He must have been 2 or 3 and we’d been talking about his playgroup and he’d been showing me his mates Tommy & Josh on a photo. He then toddled off to the bathroom and I heard him quietly singing ‘Tommy Josh Tommy Josh where are you…’ to the tune of Tommy Thumb in a beautiful clear voice.

It was magical, and it brings a lump to my throat thinking about it now
:-D Class mate:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back