Who is the fastest player ever in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That yeldin who has signed for spurs American lad is absolutly rapid

10.9. Fast by 1970's footballer standards but nowhere near Olympic qualifying which would have been low 10secs in the 70's.

The drunken get probably likes people to believe otherwise though
The article I Chec ked yesterday said that time would have guaranteed him a spot in th uk sprint team.

Apparently, shorter players (as well as having a low center of gravity) can accelerate quicker and other sprinters are faster than Usain Bolt up to 30 metres. So the long sprinters like Buckley run out of pitch space before they get up to full speed. Acceleration is what really counts and Defoe is faster at this. Much more useful.

Still if Gus Poyet persists in deep defence and fast sprinter is useful as a sub for breakaways. Quickness of thinking and reactions help as well as much as sheer speed. I like to have fullbacks with speed so if they are beaten they can recover and chase the winger. In favour of a passing side, a pass can cover the ground quicker than running with the ball. I always like a speed merchant as it cause the opponents no end of problems if they push up and can get caught on the break.
Short players just look like they're moving quicker cos to cover the same ground their little legs have to spin 19 to the dozen like the Anthill Mob.

The article I Chec ked yesterday said that time would have guaranteed him a spot in th uk sprint team.

Super Macs time would have qualified him for the GB Relay Team, he also ran it on a cinder track in dodgy spikes and with no sprint training. In comparison to his contemporaries he must be the fastest.

Jackie Milburn used to run up at Powderhall for money, some older members may have seen him in the flesh.

Over the first 10 yards Jimmy Greaves must take some beating.

I remember when we played Nottingham Forest at the City Ground in the late 80s. Des Walker and one of our players (can't remember who) both ran for the same ball, about 20 yards away. It was the most embarrassing, uneven race I can remember. Walker just totally left him for dead. The chap next to me looked at me and we both shook our heads. Of course, our player could have been slow, but that's not how it seemed at the time.

Des Walkers lad is no slow coach either, plays up front for Forests youth team. Good kid.

Super Macs time would have qualified him for the GB Relay Team, he also ran it on a cinder track in dodgy spikes and with no sprint training. In comparison to his contemporaries he must be the fastest.

Jackie Milburn used to run up at Powderhall for money, some older members may have seen him in the flesh.

Over the first 10 yards Jimmy Greaves must take some beating.

He was certainly quick but you cant say that as there are others who have claims based on what they have actually done......Michael Owen at age 17 was timed at around 10.7 and Gareth Bale did 11.4 at the ripe old age of 14..........Again they will have had sod all sprint training...........

Mind if you ask superdrunk he will tell you he did back to back 10.3 runs with very little time in between which is about as true as the crap he used to spout on the radio.........

Kevin Bartlett who played for Notts County in the late 80s was super quick. A friend of mine who is die hard County fan reckons he was clocked just over 10 seconds running on grass with boots over 100 metres during a training session.

'The flying postman'
Used to love those shit competitions. Andy Legg king of the long throw and David Burrows was always there or thereabouts IIRC in the hardest shot round.

:lol: Spot on with both shouts.

I used to love reading SHOOT! as a young'n.

Wasn't that the Rumbelows Sprint challenge or something?

Shoot ran one (or another) a bit later and Chris Amstrong (then of Palace) done it in about 10.6 on grass with boots on.

I remember the Chris Armstrong one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back