Who is your choice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said Slaven Bilic before we got Poyet but I don't think he's the type of manager to steady our ship now as Short is looking for a proven Premier League manager according to Chris Young (I think?). That suggests that while Clement used to be on the Club's radar he isn't now following advice from Advocaat.

On that basis David Moyes ticks all the boxes for me as our club are in a similar state to when he took over at Everton and saved them from relegation before rebuilding the club.

Di Matteo would be interesting if he could give us performances like when Schalke won in Madrid. However, Schalke'a season fell apart after that so that's a worry:

Zenit St Petersburg just won the Russian title.

I would take AVB rate him highly, British media have jumped all over him in typical fashion, think we would progress under him.

He'd be gone inside twelve months. Unless they are shrewd enough to drip release players they've identified as potential trouble makers continental style managers aren't welcome in England. Any young coach who asks his players to work harder and longer will suffer the agent driven shit storm from the media, that's the way it is here.

He'd be gone inside twelve months. Unless they are shrewd enough to drip release players they've identified as potential trouble makers continental style managers aren't welcome in England. Any young coach who asks his players to work harder and longer will suffer the agent driven shit storm from the media, that's the way it is here.

Unless he is suitably charasmatic / famous to make the players kiss his arse.

We need to be very shrewd, either we need someone the players will naturally gravitate to, or we need a big stick.

Dick appeared to be absolutley superb at man management.

Unless he is suitably charasmatic / famous to make the players kiss his arse.

We need to be very shrewd, either we need someone the players will naturally gravitate to, or we need a big stick.

Dick appeared to be absolutley superb at man management.

I'd agree with famous/previously successful enough as it makes it so much more difficult to plant "believable" shit in the media. The problem then becomes one of who could we attract that fits the bill?

At minimum someone called Richard so we can carry on the Dick comments.

I'd agree with famous/previously successful enough as it makes it so much more difficult to plant "believable" shit in the media. The problem then becomes one of who could we attract that fits the bill?

Good playing career (to impress our stellar playing staff), previous prem league experience, good playing style, available, would have to be Laudrup.

Good playing career (to impress our stellar playing staff), previous prem league experience, good playing style, available, would have to be Laudrup.

Fine by me. My former brother in law has a season ticket at Mallorca and he reckoned he worked a miracle keeping them up as the owner was selling players right left and centre.

Fine by me. My former brother in law has a season ticket at Mallorca and he reckoned he worked a miracle keeping them up as the owner was selling players right left and centre.

He is clearly an intelligent bloke, has some style re how the game needs to be played, and seems to have the respect of other players.

Interesting about your Mallorca comment, because that would indicate he can work in a chaotic environment, so it would be a perfect match! :lol:

He is clearly an intelligent bloke, has some style re how the game needs to be played, and seems to have the respect of other players.

Interesting about your Mallorca comment, because that would indicate he can work in a chaotic environment, so it would be a perfect match! :lol:

Indeed :D Although he did resign when the financial meltdown claimed his head coach. He'd probably be my first choice.

Indeed :D Although he did resign when the financial meltdown claimed his head coach. He'd probably be my first choice.

Ancelotti would be a cracking choice (however unlikely), Laudrup would probably be more realistic, some of the lads have mentioned Clement, I don't know much about him but if he has coached at Real who knows? Although if Keane struggled with lesser players where would that leave Clement?

I think Allardyce as unpopular as he may be, would be almost certain to get us mid table, what do we want? It's unclear what our plan is, where do we want to go?

One thing is for sure, anyone saying there are not many choices are wrong, and it's a buyers market, Ellis has a big wad of cash for the right man, there will be a queue a mile long imo, despite of what the snipe nosed press may say when they churn out propaganda.

Dick was glowing in his assessment of our potential, and he has been about a bit, we just need to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back