Wrestling - Part 3

Stupid imo.

Dude, rember when Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar at the WrestleMania with the play button? It was so awesome!

Yeah but it wasn't as good as when Randy Orton vs John Cena 39495939293939229291 ended in a no contest at WrestleMania with the pause button!

Damn' right bro, I can't wait for this year's WrestleMania with the egg logo.

Lesnar ain't going back to UFC, he has thyroid problems and diverticulitis. Plus he got battered by a younger fighter when he went for a tryout recently. He is looking a lot more lean though.

He's a huge draw, fans buy PPVs to see him.
White isn't stupid, he will bring him back if that's what Brock wants.

Hogan was face for at least 12 years before his turn in 1996
Maybe Flair was heel for over ten years before a face turn in the 90's
Jerry Lawler was heel for good few years before turning face about 2000.
Ted Dibiase may have been heel for a decade from 80's to 90's

Flair flip flopped during the 80s as he was so over. He worked whichever was necessary as he was NWA Champion touring the territories.

Although Lawler was a heel on WWF tv, he was a face in his own Memphis territory.

Steamboat is the only high profile worker I can think of.

Even the likes of Rey M had heel spells.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a huge draw, fans buy PPVs to see him.
White isn't stupid, he will bring him back if that's what Brock wants.

Flair flip flopped during the 80s as he was so over. He worked whichever was necessary as he was NWA Champion touring the territories.

Although Lawler was a heel on WWF tv, he was a face in his own Memphis territory.

Steamboat is the only high profile worker I can think of.

Even the likes of Rey M had heel spells.
Had a vague memory of Lawler being face in memo his like

Lesnar ain't going back to UFC, he has thyroid problems and diverticulitis. Plus he got battered by a younger fighter when he went for a tryout recently. He is looking a lot more lean though.

It's absolutely nothing to do why he retired in the first place. He just came back from lung surgery RE his diverticulitis and a week later he fought a Kickboxer, Alistair Overeem and who booted him right in the ribs and it was game over.

He's wanted by both UFC and Bellator. If they thought he couldn't compete then why are they making him pre-contract offers then?

Anyone think the interview RR did on raw was actually alreet? Maybe he's just no good at the scripted stuff. Not suggesting he should be given free reign like Jericho, Punk, or Dwayne but a definite improvement

Anyone think the interview RR did on raw was actually alreet? Maybe he's just no good at the scripted stuff. Not suggesting he should be given free reign like Jericho, Punk, or Dwayne but a definite improvement
the snow was the best thing to happen to them. I think Heyman will do alright in making Reigns look good, imagine Brock v Reigns without Heyman!

Just inadvertently caught a headline on wwe.com saying Bubba Ray Dudley talks of 'coming home'. Clearly Bubba Ray (as he is now to be called it seems) was one of the entrants then in the Royal Rumble which completely spoils something of a Royal Rumble match I am yet to even see. And clearly he is an utterly ungrateful bassa saying 'he is home'. Yes he is one half of the most decorated tag teams in pro-wrestling and he is one of the most recognisable names but in TNA something happened to him that never happened in his time in ECW or WWE. He became the wrestler the entire company was built around. Everything happened around him. He was the one Dixie Carter doted on. In ECW there was others like RVD, The Sandman, Jerry Lynn and Sabu who were equally as big and important. And for him to say 'I am home' is a slap in the face for TNA.

You think his promo on Raw wasn't scripted? And that all of Jericho, Punk and Dwaynes promos aren't scripted?

There's no way at all he is ever gonna get over - he is so utterly devoid of charisma I almost feel sorry for him when he's about to talk.

I was actually tense with anxiety after heyman cut that awesome promo knowing that Roman had to respond. He doesn't even look like a bad ass or come across as a beast like Brock so booking him with a mouthpiece doing his talking for him isn't even gonna work.

midcarder for life

Just inadvertently caught a headline on wwe.com saying Bubba Ray Dudley talks of 'coming home'. Clearly Bubba Ray (as he is now to be called it seems) was one of the entrants then in the Royal Rumble which completely spoils something of a Royal Rumble match I am yet to even see. And clearly he is an utterly ungrateful bassa saying 'he is home'. Yes he is one half of the most decorated tag teams in pro-wrestling and he is one of the most recognisable names but in TNA something happened to him that never happened in his time in ECW or WWE. He became the wrestler the entire company was built around. Everything happened around him. He was the one Dixie Carter doted on. In ECW there was others like RVD, The Sandman, Jerry Lynn and Sabu who were equally as big and important. And for him to say 'I am home' is a slap in the face for TNA.

Why do you care? :lol:

Reigns reminds me of Bobby Lashley when they first put him out there. He's not ready, never will be ready.

If they'd kept him as some silent assassin type it might have worked but he won't get the respect of the fans until he has a good match, which he's yet to have.

There's no way at all he is ever gonna get over - he is so utterly devoid of charisma I almost feel sorry for him when he's about to talk.

I was actually tense with anxiety after heyman cut that awesome promo knowing that Roman had to respond. He doesn't even look like a bad ass or come across as a beast like Brock so booking him with a mouthpiece doing his talking for him isn't even gonna work.

midcarder for life

I think this is quite harsh, for a promo of that style going up against Brock and Heyman I think he did quite well, better than normal anyway. They need to just limit him to a few words at a time and stop pushing the on the mic stuff. Focus on his wrestling and making him a bad ass and the fans will soon get on board.

Wondering if Lesnars move set over the past few months has all been in the making of Reigns.

I think this is quite harsh, for a promo of that style going up against Brock and Heyman I think he did quite well, better than normal anyway. They need to just limit him to a few words at a time and stop pushing the on the mic stuff. Focus on his wrestling and making him a bad ass and the fans will soon get on board.

Wondering if Lesnars move set over the past few months has all been in the making of Reigns.

Did you see that interview with him and the Rock after the Rumble? I was cringing at both of them, and that's saying something.

Did you see that interview with him and the Rock after the Rumble? I was cringing at both of them, and that's saying something.

Yeah that was really bad, but in the aftermath of what had just happened I can understand why they were both flustered. Reigns was meant to win and be cheered, when that wasnt gonna happen The Rock was meant to get him a pop, that didn't happen. You could tell that The Rock couldn't believe they were still booing him when he was raising his hand. "boy i'll smack your lips off" "stop laughing guys this is live tv"

Honestly think they will have to add one or maybe even two more wrestlers to the Reigns V Lesnar match. If not it will be a complete car crash.

Yeah that was really bad, but in the aftermath of what had just happened I can understand why they were both flustered. Reigns was meant to win and be cheered, when that wasnt gonna happen The Rock was meant to get him a pop, that didn't happen. You could tell that The Rock couldn't believe they were still booing him when he was raising his hand. "boy i'll smack your lips off" "stop laughing guys this is live tv"

The amount of time he kept repeating "family" was cringeworthy.

Honestly think they will have to add one or maybe even two more wrestlers to the Reigns V Lesnar match. If not it will be a complete car crash.

The amount of time he kept repeating "family" was cringeworthy.

It was obvious Vince had decided that he needed to be linked with The Rock to give him some more credibility. They did the same thing with the family tree segment of the promo on Raw. "you've got to like him cos his relatives are the usos, rikishi, the rock and the wild samoans"

Back