1973 memorabilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The program signed by the squad and Bob Stokoe, Arthur Cox and someone else it's in the loft and can't remember.
Ticket stubs from the Final and Man city game and a rosette. My late uncle gave me them when he realised how in love I was with the useless fuckas.

The program signed by the squad and Bob Stokoe, Arthur Cox and someone else it's in the loft and can't remember.
Ticket stubs from the Final and Man city game and a rosette. My late uncle gave me them when he realised how in love I was with the useless fuckas.

Worth a bloody fortune marra.

Just been looking in my cupboard at some of my Grandads old stuff and came across this.

Logon or register to see this image

Was my Grandads and he gave it to me before he died 4 years ago. Got me thinking, anyone else got any memorabilia from 73? Would be good to see what people have collected or had passed down from our most famous day in our history.

I've been looking for one of these ever since this thread to match the tea-towel me dad picked up at the time. I just about choked when I saw the tea towel listing today.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNDERLAN...=100011&prg=11379&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=131249114214

I finally picked up a complete squad signature piece though, Porterfield included. Once I find a plate like yours I'm going to focus on '37.

Was pay on the gate at Notts Co. I don't remember any tickets until the Man City replay.
Notts County home, Reading home and away.
I was give one at Reading by a policeman at the turnstile, still have it somewhere.

Nothing, because I wasn't born then, and at 28 it does nothing but rub in the fact we've won fuck all in my lifetime :(

I have an original 1973 Tracksuit Top. Not one of the named ones unfortunately but one of the squad ones unnamed. In my wardrobe waiting to be framed.

I had a mate who had that anarl. Weren't even Sunderland fans neither.

Class that like.

Not '73, but I've got this little cup from our Centenary that I'm quite fond of...

Spotted it years ago at a car boot sale I was dragged to by me Mam and made her get me it.
Pink Floyd, Sunderland and Tea some canny affiliations there marra.

Ive got a football my nana won in a raffle signed by the whole team. Unfortunately the ink has faded that much its hard to recognise any of the names now. Bit gutted really.

My Dad has got one of them and it's faded as well.

He's got a box file with programmes, ticket stubs, Football Echo, rosettes and all sorts in. He's even kept the vouchers that were given out that you needed to get tickets. He was lucky enough to have the vouchers for both the semi final and the final.

I found a tankard in a second hand shop in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe a few years back. It is engraved with all details of the cup final, players of both teams score etc.
Would love to find out it's history, whether it was a one off. It's very professionally done.

Mate of mine was a glass blower at Pyrex, he found a transfer that they used on glasses for the hundred year anniversary, so he put it into a paperweight and gave it to me, so it's probably a one off.
Would post a pic, but DIVENT no how to :rolleyes:

Was that for in the seats? Don't recall having to get any for the terraces until that Man City replay
Yes.
At Reading there was a long queue for adult standing but no queue for kids.
So I stood and Dad sat next to Ron Greenwood and Joe Mercer.
Replicated at Wembley when my tout's ticket was for the Leeds end and he was sitting with Arsenal's Frank McLintock and Alan Ball.
Unfortunately that sort of luck has dogged me ever since.

I've been looking for one of these ever since this thread to match the tea-towel me dad picked up at the time. I just about choked when I saw the tea towel listing today.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNDERLAND-1973-F-A-CUP-FINAL-TEA-TOWEL-SUNDERLAND-1-LEEDS-UNITED-0-46cm-x-73cm/291347539948?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=27676&meid=9347cf7bb8504b9e9403b387ef9be2fc&pid=100011&prg=11379&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=131249114214

I finally picked up a complete squad signature piece though, Porterfield included. Once I find a plate like yours I'm going to focus on '37.

The plate pops up on ebay from time to time, £30-£60 IMSC

I'm lucky enough to have the full set of programmes. Quite a few are signed by various players, and a few of the rarer ones have full squads and manager/coach etc. Got quite a few of the tickets with some duplicates. Again a few of them are signed. I've got other odds and sodds, newspapers etc. I havent looked at them for a while. Cost me quite a lot to pull together.

I've still got a hangover from the semi-final ...

Got a few programmes from the run, Man City away signed by Denis Tueart and the final signed by Monty. Also have the Footie Echo and a variety of other papers from that weekend.

Same as a few others with all the programmes and various newspapers. Other bits and bobs as well as an unused final ticket. Very nice little collection amongst various other SAFC stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back