2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went on my first club ride.What an eye opener.Way off the pace on the hills.I've got a lot off hard graft to get through in the next few weeks,to get my fitness a bit higher.Proper roadies mind,so it was no surprise.I'm gonna get through some hills over the next few weeks.

I went on my first club ride.What an eye opener.Way off the pace on the hills.I've got a lot off hard graft to get through in the next few weeks,to get my fitness a bit higher.Proper roadies mind,so it was no surprise.I'm gonna get through some hills over the next few weeks.
Wasn't BACC was it?

Sorry lads but 30 degrees and sunny all day...
:lol:

Getting much riding done? Do they have proper hills in the Dordogne?

I went out with someone I didn't know from my Tri club this morning, a 22 year old lad. Just planned on doing 40-50 miles as I've got a long ride tomorrow. As well as getting piss wet through and having to lend him my arm warmers (he didn't think to bring any wet weather gear), he imploded after 30 miles and had to stop on a short, not steep climb because he was 'exhausted'. My average speed was barely over 10mph by the time we got back. :eek::oops:

The youth of today! Pathetic! :evil:

I went out with someone I didn't know from my Tri club this morning, a 22 year old lad. Just planned on doing 40-50 miles as I've got a long ride tomorrow. As well as getting piss wet through and having to lend him my arm warmers (he didn't think to bring any wet weather gear), he imploded after 30 miles and had to stop on a short, not steep climb because he was 'exhausted'. My average speed was barely over 10mph by the time we got back. :eek::oops:

Child killer!

Similar for me today. Young ish lad, keen as mustard. No wet gear, no chain oil and was sucking on gel packs like they were going out of fashion.

One of the lads was ill so the pace was low. Last time I was out with said young lad he bonked at about 50k. Didn't even want a beer after either.

Similar for me today. Young ish lad, keen as mustard. No wet gear, no chain oil and was sucking on gel packs like they were going out of fashion.

One of the lads was ill so the pace was low. Last time I was out with said young lad he bonked at about 50k. Didn't even want a beer after either.

Exactly the same. He had 4 gels in a 30 mile ride and then when he stopped on the hill told me he was bonking!! :eek::rolleyes::oops:

Do you usually take chain oil out with you on a ride? I only ever use it after a clean or when it needs it

Managed just under 70 yesterday on the MTB on a single gel and half a litre of Hi-5 carb drink; head wind vicious up at Parkhead.

Managed a quick 30 today on a couple of Ikea hotdogs. What amazed me was how few bikes were out; I counted just four and not a single roadie.

Managed just under 70 yesterday on the MTB on a single gel and half a litre of Hi-5 carb drink; head wind vicious up at Parkhead.

Managed a quick 30 today on a couple of Ikea hotdogs. What amazed me was how few bikes were out; I counted just four and not a single roadie.

70 on the mtb is impressive. I was out early this morning and there were quite a few out but maybe less than normal. You're a masochist, you need a road bike ;)

Lightweight. I got round on one and a half water bottles! :cool::cool:

Although it rained so heavily I must have drunk another bottle's worth just by opening my gob.
Meh I did my 25miles fueled on last nights beer and was in great danger of losing it and the meal I had a number of times :oops:

Last edited:

Aye getting out twice a day..generally 2 and quarter easy with kristina then been going out on my own for an hour or so at tea time to do harder session

not loads of hills but can find them if you want...not mountains or owt mind..

Bizarre (and rather sad) defence put up by Jonathan Tiernan-Locke in his doping case. He pleaded that, 2 days before the dope test, at the World Championships, he went out with his girlfriend and had 33 units of alcohol (1.5 bottles of wine, 6 double gins, 6 double vodkas). He then claims that he didn't drink any water in the lead up to the race during the next 2 days and it was the dehydration that caused the abnormal response.

The UK Anti Doping Agency dismantled his defence on scientific grounds but also said that it's 'inconceivable' that a professional athlete could get so dehydrated 2 days before one of his most important races of the year and not bother to rehydrate himself.

I think it was Tyler Hamilton who said that failing a dope test was failing an iq test!! :eek::oops: His 2 year ban has been upheld and he's also been recommended as a cast member of Geordie Shore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back