2015 Cycling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye, thats what i swapped from.

Just finished the c2c with a bunch of young pups with brand spanking new cx bikes and i figured skinnier tyres would'nt hurt

might have been even better if i had'nt put them on the wrong way round tho

:)

and think i've got hypothermia - pissed down in rookhope, stanhope and then sunderland today

:-(
:lol::lol::lol:

aye, thats what i swapped from.

Just finished the c2c with a bunch of young pups with brand spanking new cx bikes and i figured skinnier tyres would'nt hurt

might have been even better if i had'nt put them on the wrong way round tho

and think i've got hypothermia - pissed down in rookhope, stanhope and then sunderland today

:-(

How do you put tyres on the wrong way round ?
:eek:

How do you put tyres on the wrong way round ?
:eek:

well its not like i pedal on them and go backwards instead of forwards

;)

but yeah, i appear to have the tread pattern (what tread there is) going in the wrong direction

I'm so blaming the tyres on being at the back all the time - it was nothing to do with the complete lack of training

Proper men ride on slicks, then direction irrelevant though generally best if gannin forwards.

well its not like i pedal on them and go backwards instead of forwards

;)

but yeah, i appear to have the tread pattern (what tread there is) going in the wrong direction

I'm so blaming the tyres on being at the back all the time - it was nothing to do with the complete lack of training

Never thought of tread being directional :oops:

Mind I'm with Al on the real men bit ;)

Anyone here bothered with spoke/wheel lights? I'm already using my lights to get to and from work due to my long shifts and was wondering if a little extra help for drivers to see me would be worth it.
I've been looking at Atozi LED lights which possibly seem to be a decent cheap option. Revolights from the US seem perfect but are stupidly priced for me

Shock, horror - you don't need to spend shit-loads on wanky kit. Just need the legs.

Bloke wins National 10 mile TT Championship on bike built up from second-hand & ebay bits - cost £1000
He didn't bother with power meter & shit - just rode the course on feel (ie head down, pedal like fuck)

What I want to know is why this doesn't work for me - I've been ahead of the curve in employing this approach for years but my times are still shit.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...tional-10-mile-time-trial-championship-189583

Shock, horror - you don't need to spend shit-loads on wanky kit. Just need the legs.

Bloke wins National 10 mile TT Championship on bike built up from second-hand & ebay bits - cost £1000
He didn't bother with power meter & shit - just rode the course on feel (ie head down, pedal like fuck)

What I want to know is why this doesn't work for me - I've been ahead of the curve in employing this approach for years but my times are still shit.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...tional-10-mile-time-trial-championship-189583

Read that...not what the loons on tt forum would have wanted to hear.
They'll have been foaming :lol:
The aero coaching he gets from xav will have more than compensated for expensive bike etc

Interesting that front tyre was 20mm & rear 22mm anarl. If you believe everything in the magazines these days if you don't ride on 25s you'll win nowt.
I know so many people who have gone out and bought new tyres this year just cos "25s are faster"

And I particularly liked that they used a 2nd-hand Tiagra BB :lol:

Interesting that front tyre was 20mm & rear 22mm anarl. If you believe everything in the magazines these days if you don't ride on 25s you'll win nowt.
I know so many people who have gone out and bought new tyres this year just cos "25s are faster"

And I particularly liked that they used a 2nd-hand Tiagra BB :lol:

most fast TT lads I know ride 20 or even 19 front..bit skittish for me. still 23 front and back on all bikes( might go 25 on winter bike to go with compact cranks...I'm getting soft :eek:)
Aye none of those ceramic BB nonsense :lol:

My (steel) road bike used to have 19 front & 22 rear for general riding. I thought I was going soft when I changed it to 23 front & rear :)
The winter bike is a Dolan Preffisio - so specifically a winter training frame, but I discovered you can have either 25mm tyres or mudguards but not both!!! So I'm on 23s all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back