Altidore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to see it come good for Altidore, he seems a good lad.

Has anyones seen much of him at other clubs or for the USA? What is so different there that he seems to perform (opposition strength can' be the only factor).

Diakite
Dossena
Moberg Karlsson
Scocco
Cabral

You also said he is the worst footballer you have ever seen play for us which has to be horseshit or else you are 12.
3 of those players were free transfers. One was a young kid who cost next to nothing and the other would be on a par with Altidore only we sold him recently. Don't forget I said he was the worst signing last season on the basis of value for money.

Regarding your last point, I am 31 and a season card holder, what about you?

3 of those players were free transfers. One was a young kid who cost next to nothing and the other would be on a par with Altidore only we sold him recently. Don't forget I said he was the worst signing last season on the basis of value for money.

Regarding your last point, I am 31 and a season card holder, what about you?

You were alive when Jeff Whitley played for us and you think Altidore is worse. So I am done here.

You were alive when Jeff Whitley played for us and you think Altidore is worse. So I am done here.
You need to read my posts before jumping in with two feet marra. I said that Altidore is the worst footballer I have seen playing LIVE for Sunderland. I never watched Jeff Whitley play as I didn't go to the games when he played for us. Next time you're at the match just sit and watch Altidore for a while, on the ball and off the ball, then see what you think.

I am not a Sunderland fan but a Toffe fan. I go in every board for every team and no where are the fans so crass to their own players and foreign fans. It's like they resent adding fans to their teams.

I got news for you, thw reason the big teams are big is they made themselves a global brand and what the wanks do on here would surly put off people who want to become a fan.

Qe all know why the bigger teams are better, they spend more money. So when you buy lesser players some are going to be a hit and some a miss, some players neef to play un cettain systems etc. etc.

Until Sunderland is a top 6 team they won't be able to buy the players the top teams do and its all because of the way the reorganized the top flight of football in the early 90's.

Sunderland are a top 7 team in all time wins, but that is history, you have to make yourself a global brand, and you can't do that by antagonizing people.

TIFWIW, I enjoy watching all the teams, but Everton is my passion, has been for 35 years.

We have done well on the cheap.
We have plenty of foreign fans who post on here with no trouble whatsoever. There are even people who only came because of Altidore who get on fine, @mbmueller831 usually comes across fairly well from what Ive seen.

To suggest that messageboards like this have any great influence in the grand scheme of things, when it comes to the development of a club and its wider fanbase, is absurd. Clubs become global brands by winning things, being generally successful and by spending big money on big names.

Look at Liverpool, RAWK is one of the worst places on the internet, when it comes to antagonizing fans, there isn't a place to top that. Just pompous egos trying to one up each other and suck themselves off. I doubt that has swayed many potential fans to be.

As for having a go at players and managers, again ever single fanbase does it, I have read a couple of forums over the years, The Oatcake for Stoke, a couple of the Newcastle ones, KUMB for West Ham. Each one has their scapegoats.

Obertan is utterly loathed at Newcastle, and Pardew? Their hatred for him is well documented. Jon Walters incredibly divisive at Stoke, and now they have Bardsley, Im sure they'll have found new booboy.

And West Ham fans have been on Fat Sam's back since day one.

You need to read my posts before jumping in with two feet marra. I said that Altidore is the worst footballer I have seen playing LIVE for Sunderland. I never watched Jeff Whitley play as I didn't go to the games when he played for us. Next time you're at the match just sit and watch Altidore for a while, on the ball and off the ball, then see what you think.
You're missing play scheme on your 6 weeks.

You're missing play scheme on your 6 weeks.
It's just an opinion mate, you don't have to like it and you certainly don't have to post pathetic shite like that. I've said it before, when he is playing for the lads I am behind him 100%, problem is that every game I watched him in bar the mags at home, he was very poor.

It's just an opinion mate, you don't have to like it and you certainly don't have to post pathetic shite like that. I've said it before, when he is playing for the lads I am behind him 100%, problem is that every game I watched him in bar the mags at home, he was very poor.

Sound mate, i was just being one of those internet c(_)nts :lol:

Diakite
Dossena
Moberg Karlsson
Scocco
Cabral

You also said he is the worst footballer you have ever seen play for us which has to be horseshit or else you are 12.
Who's to say if any of those had been given as many games as Altidore they wouldn't have come good ?? He didn't !!

Who's to say if any of those had been given as many games as Altidore they wouldn't have come good ?? He didn't !!
Consider it this way: if you get a lot of games, you are likely doing a better job than those who aren't getting a lot of games. The problem is most of us don't know dick about managing a side, and none of us know what job each player's been given. Maybe Jozy's been told: 'Run around like a rhino on giraffe legs and let the ball ping off your feet in random trajectories, so as to befuddle the opposition. Whatever you do, do NOT take a shot on goal. We have midfielders for that sort of thing. Got it? OK, go get 'em then, lad.' So it looks to us like he's playing utter shite, but it's all actually Jozy doing the job he's been called upon to do.

Consider it this way: if you get a lot of games, you are likely doing a better job than those who aren't getting a lot of games. The problem is most of us don't know dick about managing a side, and none of us know what job each player's been given. Maybe Jozy's been told: 'Run around like a rhino on giraffe legs and let the ball ping off your feet in random trajectories, so as to befuddle the opposition. Whatever you do, do NOT take a shot on goal. We have midfielders for that sort of thing. Got it? OK, go get 'em then, lad.' So it looks to us like he's playing utter shite, but it's all actually Jozy doing the job he's been called upon to do.
Oh sorry Jozy I have done you a disservice you have followed your managers instructions to the letter then !!!

I stand by my opinion that we play better as a team with Altidore playing as the lone striker than we do with Fletcher. Wickham did better than both mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back