Are all athiests angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitchens' point was the lady was enjoying the luxury of sitting in public without anything on her head. He correctly pointed out that she would not be able to do that in her own country.

I am happy if the situation in the backward countries changes. I am all for promoting that.
No it wasn't. His point was clear.
'I can see your face and I can see your hair. Don't you tell me you can do any of that in Iran.'
'I can though.'
'No you can't.'
Can/Can't

She was right and he was wrong. It was a clear misrepresentation on his part. Hitch wasn't infallible. :D

http://facts.randomhistory.com/facts-about-iran.html
  1. 28 If a woman is raped in Iran, the police have the power to force a man to marry his victim, with or without her assent, though he can divorce her immediately after. In Iran, a divorced woman is more marriageable than an unmarried girl with a ruptured hymen.c
  2. 29 In Iran, there is no legal category for marital rape because a woman is her husband’s property. If there are signs of abuse, male members of her family may threaten her husband, but it is not the duty of the police.

No it wasn't. His point was clear.
'I can see your face and I can see your hair. Don't you tell me you can do any of that in Iran.'
'I can though.'
'No you can't.'
Can/Can't

She was right and he was wrong. It was a clear misrepresentation on his part. Hitch wasn't infallible. :D

Ok I accept that the precise words in the clip as you quote are correct and literally he is wrong and she is right.

However his message was clear. He had visited Iran several times. I haven't (have you?) and he is absolutely correct. She would not be able to sit in a public place without being forced to wear something over her head. Why should she (or any woman) have to?

Ok I accept that the precise words in the clip as you quote are correct and literally he is wrong and she is right.

However his message was clear. He had visited Iran several times. I haven't (have you?) and he is absolutely correct. She would not be able to sit in a public place without being forced to wear something over her head. Why should she (or any woman) have to?
Which is exactly what she said. She had to wear something but not the full face and head covering that Hitchens was suggesting with 'face and hair.'
If he'd ben so many times why even say that? Why not admit that women are pushing the boundaries? We have to encourage. Only way forward.

Which is exactly what she said. She had to wear something but not the full face and head covering that Hitchens was suggesting with 'face and hair.'
If he'd ben so many times why even say that? Why not admit that women are pushing the boundaries? We have to encourage. Only way forward.

With your encouragement Iranian women will surely emancipate themselves.
Goodnight :lol:

Women in the uk are forced to wear something over their minge in a public place. Why should they have to ?

Facebook thread

Jack Warner
7 hrs

I know this post may be removed but its ok. Feel free to delete me also. I smell fear... hahaha. ..

Theist one Atheist zero

LOOOOOOOLLLZZZZ
We cant explain nor test nor observe nor experiment the big bang "THEORY". Yet you all say

///"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation." \\\\

How contradicting & foolish is that... I think I need a Phd in defeating lame excuses to be an Atheist. ..

.................................................................................................................................................................................

This is why atheists get angry.

I think you will find the answer is Yea and yeah. The foundation of our democracy and Legal structures are Greek and have fuck all to.do with the bible.
That's what I said?

"Actually no and yes, as early Christianity was undoubtedly influenced by the Greeks... There's plenty of stuff you can easily search on google about the relationship of the two.... Talking about the influence of the Christian church(es) btw... Not what was actually said/done by Jesus as the two aren't necessarily synonymous"

The fact is their ideas and subsequently the laws etc were imparted throughout Europe under (or as part of) the banner of Christianity. A product of relationship between two.

That's what I said?

"Actually no and yes, as early Christianity was undoubtedly influenced by the Greeks... There's plenty of stuff you can easily search on google about the relationship of the two.... Talking about the influence of the Christian church(es) btw... Not what was actually said/done by Jesus as the two aren't necessarily synonymous"

The fact is their ideas and subsequently the laws etc were imparted throughout Europe under (or as part of) the banner of Christianity. A product of relationship between two.

Yes, there in an interesting circle of influence. Pythagoras who predates Socrates by a century and a half, is thought to have travelled to India. On his return he founded a school of mystics that remained secretive as no written records were made. He may have come in contact with theistic Brahmans, atheistic Jains, plus disciples of both atheistic Shramana and Samkhya (Ancient Raja Yoga). Then when Alexander the Great travelled to India, he took with him several philosophers who appear to have had contact with Brahmans but especially Buddhists. When Alexander died, that part of his Empire that stretched from Anatolia (Turkey) to India became a Buddhist state, the Seleucid Empire. One of those philosophers was Pyrrho who founded Greek Scepticism. Crates then established Cynicism to be followed by Zeno who founded Stoicism about 300 years before Jesus.

Hellenization of conquered countries resulted in the clash between the Seleucid Empire and the Israelites from which the Hebrews gained some independence for a while around the middle of the second century before Jesus. The Sadducee and Pharisee sects emerged from this conflict but also the Essene, sometimes referred to as Messianic Sadducees. What Josephus perhaps erroneously called the Fourth Movement which was messianic, emerged from this Essene background during the revolt against the census of 6 CE. The Nazoreans were effectively, northern Essene.

Jesus, like John the Baptist, appears to have come from a Rechabite background, in which alcohol was prohibited. They were most likely vegetarian. The Stoic philosophy would have had an influence as a result of Hellenization but this philosophical influence is totally different to that of Paul who introduced strange religious concepts in his creation of the Christian religion.

If only you'd said nipples you might have made a very salient point. But you had to go that little bit too far for effect didn't you? :lol:
Why is it too far ? Are all you atheists inflamed by the sight of a woman like a 17th century puritan?

Why is it too far ? Are all you atheists inflamed by the sight of a woman like a 17th century puritan?

I'd hate lasses to be walking around naked all the time. I'd rather leave it to the imagination.......much more fun. There's no finer sight than my missus in her bikini, IMO :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back