Autumn Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why so many people think things were tough back in the sixties . We had way better employment conditions than folk have now . Lots of jobs carried non-contributery pensions . You could buy a new 3 bedroomed semi out of one wage . There was almost full employment,even in Sunderland . The summers were warmer ........
Far better drugs , hairy fannies , better music

I see the chancellor neglected to mention that as part of his autumn review he was going to freeze the earnings threshold at which student loan repayments begin.

Not content with that he has decided to back date the change to 2012. Meaning that the average student will have to pay back an extra £3000 and up to £6000 in some cases.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that challenged in court. Backdating changes to loan agreements is the work of a twat.

I see the chancellor neglected to mention that as part of his autumn review he was going to freeze the earnings threshold at which student loan repayments begin.

Not content with that he has decided to back date the change to 2012. Meaning that the average student will have to pay back an extra £3000 and up to £6000 in some cases.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that challenged in court. Backdating changes to loan agreements is the work of a twat.
Here mate keep on topic , this is all about how much people can get thier box in a froth about Labour presentation , Osbornes policy means fuck all .

Evan has just treated us to a clip of Gordon Brown giving a bit of budget. There are many reasons to dislike Mr Brown (e.g. his destruction of the world's best private pension provision, or the shambolic implementation of the tax credit system to replace family credit, that had more to do with increasing Treasury power at the expense of the DSS/DWP than helping the needy).

But what really got on my tits (and still does) was his habit of saying "millions of pounds" and "billions of pounds" as in, "I'm going to spunk £40 billions of pounds up the wall on chit-chat and smiles". Who talks like that? (Other than Gordon Brown?)

Evan has just treated us to a clip of Gordon Brown giving a bit of budget. There are many reasons to dislike Mr Brown (e.g. his destruction of the world's best private pension provision, or the shambolic implementation of the tax credit system to replace family credit, that had more to do with increasing Treasury power at the expense of the DSS/DWP than helping the needy).

But what really got on my tits (and still does) was his habit of saying "millions of pounds" and "billions of pounds" as in, "I'm going to spunk £40 billions of pounds up the wall on chit-chat and smiles". Who talks like that? (Other than Gordon Brown?)
His jaw pisses me off when he talks.

£30 a week reduction for the sick and disabled and basically just got rid of the WRAG, free childcare for anyone working less than 16 hours a week dropped.

£30 a week reduction for the sick and disabled and basically just got rid of the WRAG, free childcare for anyone working less than 16 hours a week dropped.
This is starting to sound like the last one, where the immediate reaction was all positive till the small print was read and the truth came drip, drip, dripping out.

Credit to Gideon like, he is a very skilled operator, even if you don't like his operations.

The ones claiming UC are still being hit.

You could have mentioned that he is talking bull, as I have never once said anything of the sort that he says.......
But for some reason, you seem to believe what he posts?
Despite the fact my posts indicate the opposite.

It will hit a lot of people when they fall ill, they sadly, think its hilarious to classify people on the sick as lazy, but when it happens to them they will be singing from a different hymn sheet.
Its going to cause massive problems, the savings from the welfare budget will be offsett by increased health care costs as people's health deteriorates...

Good fine print surfing. This is definitely challengeable.

The blinkered fanatical support is frightening

Many are convinced Corbyn and Mcdonnell are the dream team and haven't put a foot wrong yet. This is thd greatest period in labour history for 20 years plus.

The fact that 8 weeks in the union bosses are sticking the boot in just passes them by

Look at the Guardian Comment is Free page. How can so many be so idiotic? By all means defend the guys principles if you are on the far left. Fine. But the basic incompetence cannot be wished away just by screaming "Blairite, Tory, Fascist, Murdoch conspiracy".

But what do I know? It appears it can. Almost makes me regret our massive expansion of higher education... They have to mainly be students.

So is this..

http://www.expressandstar.com/busin...ment-in-court-battle-over-jobseeker-payments/

I suspect he was possibly trying a bit of self-deprecating humour with it in the lines of 'people think we're lefties, look, we quote Mao'. Well I don't know, I'm trying to put a good interpretation on it. But he hasn't the personal style to carry it off, and also this was the wrong time, the wrong place. It was just silly, plain silly. I'm no Corbyn/McDonnell fan, but I thought part of their schtick was to conduct politics in a dignified way.

The thing that really annoys me is that he actually made a very good point just prior to pulling out the book, that if we are not going to be nationalizing our own industries, we should not be selling them off to other nations such as China. In my opinion the Chinese are well in to a programme of international infrastructure acquisition that will and is compromising the integrity and indpendence of many nations. A few weeks ago I wrote to my local MP asking them to ask their leaders to challenge the Chinese investment in our nuclear industry. They response I got from my MP indicated that she was broadly in support of the nuclear industry expansion, and completely sidestepped the question of Chinese funding. So when I saw McDonnell more or less bringing up the subject, I thought "great, at least the opposition have made one legitimate challenge that hasn't got lost in some deluded utopian bullshi... oh f***ing hell, that better be Gideon's bible. No no no..."

With one deluded utter batshit crazy rant, which I still see no rhyme or reason for, he completely obscured the one worthwhile response he gave. Did anybody remember what he said prior to that utter madness? I mean at what point did Chairman Mao become regarded as an economic light? This is the man that drove a nation to famine, millions of people driven to chewing bark off the trees. How many of those who were clapping like seals and laughing at the likes of me for saying that Corbyn will be a disaster for Labour are still laughing? Does anyone still believe that the Tories are scared of him and his barmpot friends?

Why, what's happened?

George Osborne was forced to make a humiliating u-turn on his attempt to hammer the poor.

I couldn't care less if McDonnell had bared his arse at the Tory benches and revealed a tattoo of Stalin. Tory lunacy was crushed, and a lot of people's lives will be a lot better as a result. And that's the only result that matters.

The squabbling over who scored the most points in the aftermath of the Tory retreat is completely irrelevant to this victory for fairness and common sense. With their wafer-thin majority, there'll be plenty more victories like this to savour.

Last edited:
Yeah that bit wasn't on my video , decent come back but it's all sparring really , no damage done to Mac ..only in the minds of those that need to see it.
I am reasonably pleased with the front bench working their way into feeling confident enough to dare things like this . Long road many more statements , learning curve for all. Not Armageddon.

Do really not believe McDonnell was not damaged by his own performance there? Have you not seen the widespread reaction? Everything the man does or says comes across as idiotic, even when he is trying to make a sound point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back