Being a meat eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sort of agree with that viewpoint. I'm comfortable eating meat that has been raised ethically and cleanly (i.e. no antibiotics or growth hormones fed to the animals). Always buy meat from a quality local butcher who can show where it came from. We eat far less meat than we used to. It's not good for you to eat too much meat. We never waste meat either.

All these people that cry on about not being able to afford organically raised free range chickens instead of the cheap muck in the supermarkets.

1) you don't have to eat meat every day
2) you shouldn't waste it like cutting off the fillet from a chicken and binning the rest. A whole chicken can provide meals for a week.
3) quality meat isn't cheap, it's a luxury.

Are you sure youre not buying a turkey instead of a chicken?! A chicken will do a roast on Sunday with the leftovers going on a chicken/rice or pasta dish later in the week. If I can be arsed I'll do stock from the carcass. But meals for a week?

Not really.

I'd rather animals didn't suffer needlessly and are dealt with quickly and painlessly but ultimately I believe we are omnivores.

Animals eat other animals, and we are top of the food chain.

Try getting a lion to eat Cous Cous.
Lions are carnivores though. We aren't.

Are you sure youre not buying a turkey instead of a chicken?! A chicken will do a roast on Sunday with the leftovers going on a chicken/rice or pasta dish later in the week. If I can be arsed I'll do stock from the carcass. But meals for a week?

.... assuming you don't eat meat every day, aye.

.... assuming you don't eat meat every day, aye.

The mrs has been badgering me to do at least one veggie meal a week. So I spent some time looking at veggie recipes and came to the conclusion that veggies know nowt about taste. Every recipe looked dull and uninteresting. Mind that's probably got osmething to do with hating the idea of giving up meat!

Got any good veggie recipes? :lol:

The mrs has been badgering me to do at least one veggie meal a week. So I spent some time looking at veggie recipes and came to the conclusion that veggies know nowt about taste. Every recipe looked dull and uninteresting. Mind that's probably got osmething to do with hating the idea of giving up meat!

There are loads out there. Hoy some cheese on or crack open a bottle of wine with it. I still love eating meat mind, and we eat lots of fish, but still took into veggie meals. Try Fearnely Whittingstall, Jamie Oliver and bbc.com for recipie. Just made some nettle soup (also hoyed in carrots and leeks). It was fecking delicious. Had some people round and they were all "not sure about that like" but they tried it, wolfed it and very one of them asked for more.

Steamed vegetables with a thick cheese sauce and cracked pepper on top. With some garlic bread. Piss easy and bloody lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back