Completely random SAFC stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

8 goalkeepers have played for both Sunderland and Birmingham.

Are we the only team to play in the FA Cup final while in the second division twice? And should have been three times.

8 goalkeepers have played for both Sunderland and Birmingham.
I've come up with 7 so far. Struggling with #8

Are we the only team to play in the FA Cup final while in the second division twice? And should have been three times.
Wolverhampton Wanderers winners 1908 and runners up 1921, Barnsley runners up 1910 and winners 1912, West Ham United runners up 1923 and winners 1980. Additionally, Southampton were twice runners up while a Southern League club (in 1900 and again in 1902), and won the trophy as a 2nd Division club in 1976.

I've come up with 7 so far. Struggling with #8 I'm not surprised, it's from the 1920s or thereabouts.

Wolverhampton Wanderers winners 1908 and runners up 1921, Barnsley runners up 1910 and winners 1912, West Ham United runners up 1923 and winners 1980. Additionally, Southampton were twice runners up while a Southern League club (in 1900 and again in 1902), and won the trophy as a 2nd Division club in 1976.
Cheers for that, I wish I'd had a quick look myself now ;) So we did miss out in 2004 to go out on our own.

I've come up with 7 so far. Struggling with #8

On the subject of the Southern League aren't Spurs the only non league side to ever win the cup whilst in that league in the year inbetween Southamptons two appearances...........

Was told once that we are the most recent team to win the title playing in stripes. Not sure if true, though.

You could buy a cheap pie and cheap cuppa tea until Tom Cowie took ower.

Nyron Nosworthy - only player in club history to concede a corner whilst in the oppositions half.
David Vaughan did at Villa Park in the 6-1 defeat, was after threading a through ball to Agbonlahor to make it 6 as well

Nice one.

How about the only team to play a home and away game under the same set of floodlights
I'd guess it's a team that was ground sharing, possibly Wimbledon or Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

QPR and Fulham also did at Loftus Road not too long back for a season or two but don't think they were in the same division at the time.

Or I might be way off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back