Could the Labour Party be a spent force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As Ed failed to mention immigration or the economy at all during an 80 minute speech yesterday, I feel he is totally out of touch ( as are the Labour party in general) with the topics that cvoncern most of the electorate.

Labour will not do well at the next general election IMO.

Makes me wonder what planet he lives on, treating the electorate with such contempt and ignoring or deliberately avoiding important issues.

A five year old could have made a better speech.

All we heard was the usual promise of jam today, followed no doubt by starvation tomorrow as is inevitably the result with Labour govts when they wake up one morning and suddenly realize they've spent all the money.

They're damned good at hoying it away, but as for running a budget and getting their sums right, I wonder if any of them ever went to school.

and this is how UKIP will save the NHS without taxing the people to death or imposing monstrous cuts and sell outs.

Have they recalled Parliament yet, over Iraq?

It's the beginning of the UKIP conference on Friday. And the cowards of Lib-Lab-Con are desperate to push it as far down the news as possible. Can't have the general public seeing good ideas splattered all over the news.

Why not Thursday?
Because it's been arranged for Friday (for political purposes) by all three 'MAIN' parties for at least two weeks.

Two of the biggest, most successful economies on the planet, both offering good social provision. What's not to like about such a comparison?

Because they're fucked.
Thanks to EU stagnation.
But you knew that.

Two of the biggest, most successful economies on the planet, both offering good social provision. What's not to like about such a comparison?
Germany has been held up as one of THE economic powerhouse of the post war period. We are performing better than them. Where does this Pie Monster's aggression come from?

Dear me I thought we were having a discussion, exchanging views. I can't abide Ed Milliband but think leaving the EU would be very bad for the UK. Does that make me filth?

After the Rotherham debacle, I regard all Labour party members as filth.
Anyone still voting for them is guilty of association.

But the "Common Purpose Filth" comment wasn't aimed at you personally. That's why I kept it well away from my comment aimed at you.

Neither are currently in the best of health but let's not lose sight of the fact that they are both huge economies. They'll recover.
US are the largest economy, Germany 5th, UK 8th. In the top 10 economies in the world only China and India have growth rates better than the UK. This is predicted to continue. This is a positive not a negative. People can laugh a they like but this is a positive.

Have they recalled Parliament yet, over Iraq?

It's the beginning of the UKIP conference on Friday. And the cowards of Lib-Lab-Con are desperate to push it as far down the news as possible. Can't have the general public seeing good ideas splattered all over the news.

Why not Thursday?
Because it's been arranged for Friday (for political purposes) by all three 'MAIN' parties for at least two weeks.

aye they have :lol:

I don't know if they are a 'spent force' but they are fast getting that way. Ed spouts of words like 'dynamic' and 'young' in his speeches. But frankly I struggle to see where I fit in any of those. I struggle to see where anyone in my boat fit in. He complains about David Cameron and the richest 1% of people. But he is doing the same for these so-called dynamic, brainy young people. He is willing to support them into work but conveniently misses out on those who are not fortunate to have a degree to their name and were in the top 1% of achievers in their school or college. What is Ed going to to get unqualified, unskilled and unintelligent people into work?

Neither are currently in the best of health but let's not lose sight of the fact that they are both huge economies. They'll recover.

I was going to mention earlier, that people are thinking (or trying to suggest) that everything is OK as they're trundling along. Whilst completely ignoring the fact that things could be FAR better if they weren't in The EU. Having to bail out Greece, Spain, Portugal etc - Hey ho, the price of EU membership.

But I didn't bother as I feared I'd just be bashing my head against a brick wall.

Then this has just suddenly showed up on my mobile, totally unsolicited.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"There has long been anger in Germany over the direction of EMU politics, with a near universal feeling that German taxpayers are being milked to prop up southern Europe".

I was going to mention earlier, that people are thinking (or trying to suggest) that everything is OK as they're trundling along. Whilst completely ignoring the fact that things could be FAR better if they weren't in The EU. Having to bail out Greece, Spain, Portugal etc - Hey ho, the price of EU membership.

But I didn't bother as I feared I'd just be bashing my head against a brick wall.

Then this has just suddenly showed up on my mobile, totally unsolicited.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"There has long been anger in Germany over the direction of EMU politics, with a near universal feeling that German taxpayers are being milked to prop up southern Europe".

did it mention the bit where they've had Europe over a barrel for the last 10 years artificially capping a currency which should have been at least 50% higher? did they maybe put that in a footnote?

All we heard was the usual promise of jam today, followed no doubt by starvation tomorrow as is inevitably the result with Labour govts when they wake up one morning and suddenly realize they've spent all the money.

They're damned good at hoying it away, but as for running a budget and getting their sums right, I wonder if any of them ever went to school.

Except that it isn't true, according to Treasury figures the reality is that under Blair's regime the UK's income / outgoing balance was considerably better than the previous Tory governments. Government spending under Thatcher and Major exceeded income by between 2.2 - 5.5% GDP compared with Blairs 1.2%.

Still pretty shit spending more than you are earning but the reality is Labour were no where near as shit as the Tory party were with our finances.

It's true. :D

There's only so many times you can listen to the excuses trotted out by the surrogate fathers and God substitutes in Westminster. Any mug can throw his hands up and tell us it's a world recession, it's inflation, nationalism, the ERM, the darkies, communism, the bankers, the regulators, isolationism, Keynes, Milton f***ing Friedman the unemployed, the unions, the muzzies, single mothers, the miners, the enemy within, the enemy without, Paolo di Canio the EU, both in and out. The shameless bastards will tickle people's prejudices and blame anything and everything but their own ideological leanings and rank incompetence. Mind I'm pleased they're not driving cabs because the buggers never see owt coming. We're all huddled on a rock hurtling through space, at the mercy of all manner of natural forces, including our own natures and up trots the man with a plan who's about to put everything right. Fuck off man. :D

You dont have to tell me its true marra.:lol: I know where youre coming from. I gave up on shouting at the telly on thursday night a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back