Dave Whelan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sort of morons who think casual racism is only a bit of fun and characterise anybody who thinks racist comments are unacceptable as falsely outraged pompous nutters, and that Whelan is no worse and need have no more worldly wisdom in his position than their gran who probably never went further than Scarborough until she was 30.
World is full of gobshites that nah nowt these days.

Not a nonsense question at all. What are these limits you talk about? Your limits or someone else's?

When you are in the public eye and your comments are heard by millions then of course they is a limit to what you can say.

The question is not whether they should be limits but whether he crossed that limit or not.

Not a nonsense question at all. What are these limits you talk about? Your limits or someone else's?
You think you are legally allowed to say anything you like, about anybody? Good luck with that.

This is not about taking away anybody's freedom to express themselves, it's more about the fact it's a problem that he actually doesn't see why so many people find it objectionable that he did it in the way he did, and especially in his position.

Last edited:
Been quoted as saying "Jewish people chase money more than everybody else"

What a wanker.
Other than clearly stating it was a crass statement to make you have to remember his age. My Father would probably say something similar. People 70 and 80 year old have a totally different view of the world than people 20 or 30. They grew up in totally different era's. Given today's sensitivities and given the nature of how high profile he is, he has invited trouble.

Other than clearly stating it was a crass statement to make you have to remember his age. My Father would probably say something similar. People 70 and 80 year old have a totally different view of the world than people 20 or 30. They grew up in totally different era's. Given today's sensitivities and given the nature of how high profile he is, he has invited trouble.
But apparently it is completely ok for them to ignore the rest of the world after the age of about 50. If everybody felt like this we'd still think it was ok to send children up chimneys and keep slaves.

Some people say you never stop learning, others never start.

But apparently it is completely ok for them to ignore the rest of the world after the age of about 50. If everybody felt like this we'd still think it was ok to send children up chimneys and keep slaves.

Some people say you never stop learning, others never start.
Clearly you live in utopia and not the real world. I have my doubts, being part of the real world, that people 70 years old plus are suddenly going to change their ways.

Clearly you live in utopia and not the real world. I have my doubts, being part of the real world, that people 70 years old plus are suddenly going to change their ways.
Dave Whelan is hardly your bog standard 70 year old. Also, you'd have to have been virtually comatose for decades to have missed the bit where we established that trotting prehistoric national and racial stereotypes was in any way acceptable behaviour on a public platform. Or totally stubborn and pig headed.

Dave Whelan is hardly your bog standard 70 year old. Also, you'd have to have been virtually comatose for decades to have missed the bit where we established that trotting prehistoric national and racial stereotypes was in any way acceptable behaviour on a public platform. Or totally stubborn and pig headed.
Have you met any 70 or 80 year olds recently?

Have you met any 70 or 80 year olds recently?
Plenty, actually. And you might be surprised that being 70+ doesn't automatically make you a racist because "that's the way the world was back then and they can't change their ways". In fact, looking at this thread it's a lot of the younger ones too. What's their excuse?

Plenty, actually. And you might be surprised that being 70+ doesn't automatically make you a racist because "that's the way the world was back then and they can't change their ways". In fact, looking at this thread it's a lot of the younger ones too. What's their excuse?
Maybe they are just not educated enough or maybe they dont listen. Ask them.

I know I wouldn't. :D
Well you need to make sure your fellow pensioners get the message marra. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back