Dave Whelan

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think what he said is funny like, not least because twitter and Facebook explodes with comments from people who presumably think they're giving a press conference or debating in parliament.

If he was in the pub with me and he said that I'd just giggle a bit

Modern day world is shite. I wonder how many people who are 'outraged' here were furious of press treatment when PDC joined us.....:rolleyes:

It is, just a platform for people to spout venom over nothing, he has said the wrong thing and while he may apologise, apologies are never good enough until the person has been labelled, dragged through the press and then sacked/resigned, no second chances for people saying the wrong things they have their career destroyed.

However people sent to prison for causing harm against people can reform and be given 2nd chances but say the wrong word and know your labelled for the rest of your life.

Im outraged by the outrage shown by outraged people over nothing to be outraged about.

So it's wrong to do that. Imagine if Roman Abramovic, for example, came out and said that "All Catholics are paedophiles"

How would you feel about that? Would you think it was an okay thing to say?
If he said, 'a lot of Catholic priests have been more than friendly with kids', would that be a negative anti catholic remark?

Or a fact?

he should have just kept his mouth shut

he is nothing more than a stupid old man...I dont for a second think he is racist or anti-semitic....but he is a gobshite

now he is just digging himself a bigger hole

he should have just kept his mouth shut

he is nothing more than a stupid old man...I dont for a second think he is racist or anti-semitic....but he is a gobshite

now he is just digging himself a bigger hole
But if he or someone in the limelight had used the term ''stupid old man'' like you have they would have been called ageist! We live in a sad world these days

But if he or someone in the limelight had used the term ''stupid old man'' like you have they would have been called ageist! We live in a sad world these days

It's just basic manners.

exactly this. me ma still uses the term "darkies" yet theres not a bad bone in her body

Using antiquated terms is a bit different from saying that "jews are greedy".

Last edited by a moderator:
He's an old fella with predjudices. What a headline. If me granda was still around he'd come out with worse-he wasn't a bad fella. That said, me granda didn't get the oppotunity to air his various opinions in the media ( thank god) and its maybe time Whelan took a back seat or gave up talking in Public to protect himself from such embarrassment.

It's getting ridiculous, it seems we have created a culture where people can't wait to pull someone up on commentsend which might be seen as racist or prejudice yet sit back and watch children get raped and molested and stand by while people are beheaded, or murdered by rocket attacks. Why dont there make a stand about these issues as in the big scheme of things it would be something worth shouting about.

:lol:

I heard that you chase cock more than anyone else.

Not that I'm saying you're gay.

Showed yourself for what you are a sad little boy who can't have a debate. Embarrassing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back