Do you think Short, Congerton and Poyet are on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, I fully believe we are on the right track. Compare this to the De Fanti/Di Canio or the MON era, I never felt we were really going anywhere under these people. Short's got it right with these two guys. They've got their heads screwed on and they're looking to the future.
:lol:

Is there a masterplan......do they just need more time. Basically do you think they are competent at what they do. Short has been Chairman since October 2011.....Congerton has been in his role since March last year and Gus since October 2013.

Short has paid good money for Johnson, Fletcher, Rodwell and even Wickham and several others but have we got any where value for money..I personally doubt it. So in my view Short has by and large done his job i.e. coughed up cash when asked,

Poyet has got us tighter at the back, but has brought in a couple of crap Brighton players and very little else that is creative or is any good scoring goals. The best bit of business we have done for years is to swop Altidore for Defoe (and he is 32), so if Congertons's job is to bring in good players..he has overall failed to do so.

So the training ground stuff on defending discipline is good but the players lack quality in going forward, in a word we lack creative and goal scoring players. The longer Poyet is in charge the more it becomes his problem. I cannot be the only supporter to be bored out of my skull at the performances at home . The question is can Poyet coax some good performance out of them? He has moved onto a new formation and on Saturday's showing the wingbacks were not too bad and some crosses did come in, the midfield trio however were hopeless and Fletcher and Defoe did really not have much to work on.

I am just hoping that I am not frustrated at puerile play once again this Saturday

Yes, the man who kept us up and got us to a cup final. It's my opinion, and I don't really give a fuck what you think about it.

I thought he had thrown the towel in after the Spurs defeat......or are you saying it was a masterstroke of reverse psychology to lift the pressure off the players.

Short has paid good money for Johnson, Fletcher, Rodwell and even Wickham and several others but have we got any where value for money..I personally doubt it. So in my view Short has by and large done his job i.e. coughed up cash when asked,

Is that the Chairman's only role though....to cough up. Surely he's responsible for the overall strategy at the club and if the people he appoints make poor decisions is he absolved of responsibility. In most big corporations the buck ultimately stops with the Chairman/Chief exec of the business. I honestly think it was a mistake on his part to take the role of chairman on....and it's still not to late to step aside imo.

Last edited:
I thought he had thrown the towel in after the Spurs defeat......or are you saying it was a masterstroke of reverse psychology to lift the pressure off the players.

If you are calling our great escape pure luck then you clearly didn't watch the games very closely. Threw in the towel? Don't make me laugh, if he'd done that he would have just resigned. He beat Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, is that pure luck or the result of a manager throwing in the towel? f***ing hell. Some people just swallow whatever bullshit they're fed.

I don't know why but he gets an easy ride about this. Bit of a surrender monkey in there I reckon.

If you are calling our great escape pure luck then you clearly didn't watch the games very closely. Threw in the towel? Don't make me laugh, if he'd done that he would have just resigned. He beat Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, is that pure luck or the result of a manager throwing in the towel? f***ing hell. Some people just swallow whatever bullshit they're fed.

As Gus Poyet confirmed when he took his turn to walk into the very same room at White Hart Lane in the wake of Monday night's 5-1 thrashing, they will almost certainly not be so lucky this time.
Di Canio's successor was both emotional and brutally frank as he revealed it would "take a miracle" and was "practically impossible" for Sunderland to avoid dropping into the Championship.
"I cannot see it [survival] happening," stated the Uruguayan. "As soon as we go forward we cannot defend. We cannot make decisions. We cannot go one v one. We cannot pass the ball. We cannot get a shot on target. There are so many basic things we cannot do and there is no place to hide."

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-relegation-ellis-short-steve-mcclaren

Logon or register to see this image

As Gus Poyet confirmed when he took his turn to walk into the very same room at White Hart Lane in the wake of Monday night's 5-1 thrashing, they will almost certainly not be so lucky this time.
Di Canio's successor was both emotional and brutally frank as he revealed it would "take a miracle" and was "practically impossible" for Sunderland to avoid dropping into the Championship.
"I cannot see it [survival] happening," stated the Uruguayan. "As soon as we go forward we cannot defend. We cannot make decisions. We cannot go one v one. We cannot pass the ball. We cannot get a shot on target. There are so many basic things we cannot do and there is no place to hide."

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-relegation-ellis-short-steve-mcclaren

Logon or register to see this image

And? He was saying exactly what every single one of us was thinking. That it looked impossible. He said we needed a miracle, and we got one by our players pulling their finger out. Maybe they listened to these words and thought 'we better f***ing start doing these things or we're fucked'.

Pure luck, he looked and sounded bewildered, a defeated man. We played like a team with nothing to lose. & what manager resigns nowadays? Lose the pay off? Don't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back