EU chief warns 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it do you ?
Brits will not have the automatic right to work or live in European countries, the same will be true for Europeans living in Britain. No one (apart from loony right wingers) is talking of people being sent back anywhere. What will happen though is that a lot of Brits will return as the red tape and hassle of living and working in Europe will not be worth the hassle. Also a lot of Europeans will leave Britain for the same reasons plus they will likely not want to live in a country which is showing hostility towards foreigners.
Think for a minute about the demographics of who will be leaving and who will be returning.

I do get it. I just totally disagree with you and think your reasoning is fundamentally flawed.

It was answered. The reality however does not fit in with the right wing soundbite of "we're full" in their haste to be frightened of having to talk too or live amongst foreigners. >>>>>
Land built on
SOURCE: NEA

UK 1.5%
England 2.3%
Scotland 0.4%
Wales 0.9%
Northern Ireland 0.8%

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-18623096

If you have a problem with people having a different opinion to yourself who don't live in the North East can i suggest you don't use a messageboard on the world wide web but stick to one in Durham. Do you have many problems with immigrants in East Rainton ?

Tell me about it !! I've had years of arguing against that ignorant bullshit on here.
It's not about land being built on. The land is a finite natural resource. Even if we built on no more land and made skyscrapers several miles high, natural habitats would have to be destroyed for more farmland, destroying biodiversity. In turn, the soil in the farmland would be degraded by over-usage and fail to produce enough food. It's completely unsustainable.

Nope, not many at all. Why get so upset? Time of the month? If you have a problem with people having a different opinion to yourself who do live in the North East, why do you come on a forum aimed at people from the North East? Try thinking before you type numb nuts.
Do you really think that ? It is aimed at SAFC supporters where ever they may be or where ever they are from.
I'm not upset, you were the one who started banging on about "people not living in the North East and their foreign mates". Wtf is that all about ?
If you don't have many problems with immigrants in East Rainton then what is your issues with immigrants ?

I do get it. I just totally disagree with you and think your reasoning is fundamentally flawed.
Why ? In what way ?

It's not about land being built on. The land is a finite natural resource. Even if we built on no more land and made skyscrapers several miles high, natural habitats would have to be destroyed for more farmland, destroying biodiversity. In turn, the soil in the farmland would be degraded by over-usage and fail to produce enough food. It's completely unsustainable.
You've moved your argument significantly from "a huge refugee camp with degraded land". Hells Bells already addressed the need for education for people and women specifically around population and sustainability. The right wings soundbite of "we're full" is bullshit though and one you shouldn't link to your justified concern for the environment.

Last edited:
You've moved your argument significantly from "a huge refugee camp with degraded land". Hells Bells already addressed the need for education for people and women specifically around population and sustainability. The right wings soundbite of "we're full" is bullshit though and one you shouldn't link to your justified concern for the environment.
No I haven't, I just made it vertically huge in the previous example. "We're full" doesn't mean 'physically' full as far as I'm concerned, it means we can't continue with population growth without doing unsustainable damage to the environment which supports us.

Do you really think that ? It is aimed at SAFC supporters where ever they may be or where ever they are from.
I'm not upset, you were the one who started banging on about "people not living in the North East and their foreign mates". Wtf is that all about ?
If you don't have many problems with immigrants in East Rainton then what is your issues with immigrants ?

As I pointed out when I wrote it I was just wondering about peoples motives, possibly being biased by having friends of foreign origin etc. You got your knickers in a knot, having a go because I have a different opinion to you. I was then just pointing out your hypocrisy regarding your attitude towards people who have a different opinion to you, going to a different forum. I fail to see why you need to be so hostile instead of just engaging in reasoned debate.

My issues with immigrants are the idiots that come here, live off the state, then refuse to embrace our culture or mix with us. The idiots who then try to force their cultures upon us. I also fail to understand why we let, for example, a load of Romanians into our country, to set up a shanty town in a park, to then go out pick pocketing, begging and thieving in the run up to Christmas so they can go back to Romania and be set for years on their ill gotten gains. I have a step son of foreign origin whom I love very much. I do not have a problem with everyone of foreign origin at all despite what you think. Have I outlined enough for you here or must I go and list every gripe I have with open door immigration to satisfy your needs?

As I pointed out when I wrote it I was just wondering about peoples motives, possibly being biased by having friends of foreign origin etc. You got your knickers in a knot, having a go because I have a different opinion to you. I was then just pointing out your hypocrisy regarding your attitude towards people who have a different opinion to you, going to a different forum. I fail to see why you need to be so hostile instead of just engaging in reasoned debate.

My issues with immigrants are the idiots that come here, live off the state, then refuse to embrace our culture or mix with us. The idiots who then try to force their cultures upon us. I also fail to understand why we let, for example, a load of Romanians into our country, to set up a shanty town in a park, to then go out pick pocketing, begging and thieving in the run up to Christmas so they can go back to Romania and be set for years on their ill gotten gains. I have a step son of foreign origin whom I love very much. I do not have a problem with everyone of foreign origin at all despite what you think. Have I outlined enough for you here or must I go and list every gripe I have with open door immigration to satisfy your needs?
I'll let that post speak for itself.

I quite like the countryside :cry:
Don't worry there's shitloads of it. I'm sure Greedy will let you pitch a tent on his in laws lawn if there is a need.

Why ? In what way ?

In a few ways.

First of all I don't see maybe a few million people having to fill a few forms in or choosing to move back to the country of their birth as much of a sacrifice for securing a much brighter and more democratic future for the 64m already here and generations to come.

I understand there are plenty of ex pat Brit pensioners that you think will come back and burden the NHS. If they did come back, which I can't imagine Spain would make them do, then I see a shit load of British Government pension money coming back into our economy and not abroad to Spain's. Also, immigrants tend to chuck out kids at a higher rate than others in this country which puts added pressure onto many, many public services.

You mention this 3 month visa thing regularly but fail to mention that for non-EU immigrants here already that that is not the case these days. Things have moved on from then and are different.

Your point about immigrants not wanting to stay in a country where they aren't like is offensive bullshit. Wanting to control numbers and quality is totally different. You appear to like putting the general British public down. That annoys me.

Looks like a bootprint with a face.

thats @shepherd88 you are talking about man - he's a human being with feelings you know - just cos he doesn't look like it there's no need to be abusive

In a few ways.

First of all I don't see maybe a few million people having to fill a few forms in or choosing to move back to the country of their birth as much of a sacrifice for securing a much brighter and more democratic future for the 64m already here and generations to come.

I understand there are plenty of ex pat Brit pensioners that you think will come back and burden the NHS. If they did come back, which I can't imagine Spain would make them do, then I see a shit load of British Government pension money coming back into our economy and not abroad to Spain's. Also, immigrants tend to chuck out kids at a higher rate than others in this country which puts added pressure onto many, many public services.

You mention this 3 month visa thing regularly but fail to mention that for non-EU immigrants here already that that is not the case these days. Things have moved on from then and are different.

Your point about immigrants not wanting to stay in a country where they aren't like is offensive bullshit. Wanting to control numbers and quality is totally different. You appear to like putting the general British public down. That annoys me.

what about us ex-pats who live and work elsewhere in the EU - if the Uk pulls out of the EU then where will that leave us? stuck having to apply for visa's every 3 months - it could split families up

Also, when you fancy a weeks holiday in Spain or elsewhere on the continent whats to stop them making you apply for a visa for that?

thats @shepherd88 you are talking about man - he's a human being with feelings you know - just cos he doesn't look like it there's no need to be abusive

what about us ex-pats who live and work elsewhere in the EU - if the Uk pulls out of the EU then where will that leave us? stuck having to apply for visa's every 3 months - it could split families up

Also, when you fancy a weeks holiday in Spain or elsewhere on the continent whats to stop them making you apply for a visa for that?

Well is don't think you'd have to apply every 3 months for starters. I think governments would be sensible and allow people to remain especially ones with work and have been there for years. And again, if a few peoples have their nose put out then I think the numbers would be acceptable given the benefits it would bring to the majority for generations to come.

I've done transatlantic business and holidays for years. Visas and visa waivers are a piece of piss. Unless you reckon Spain will make it hard for the millions and millions of Brits annually to plough a fortune into their already up the spout economy?

Well is don't think you'd have to apply every 3 months for starters. I think governments would be sensible and allow people to remain especially ones with work and have been there for years. And again, if a few peoples have their nose put out then I think the numbers would be acceptable given the benefits it would bring to the majority for generations to come.

I've done transatlantic business and holidays for years. Visas and visa waivers are a piece of piss. Unless you reckon Spain will make it hard for the millions and millions of Brits annually to plough a fortune into their already up the spout economy?

:D what benefits do you think it would have? Sunderland would be fucked as a City straight away as Nissan would be the first to pull the plug and move into a EU country. Believe it or not the Uk is not the big powerhouse it was - there's no industry left - and any of the major firms that are based in the Uk will sharp move to the continent as dealing within the EU is a lot easier. A trade agreement of some description will be drawn up I have no doubt but I can't imagine EU members being favourable to a country that basically told them to go and fuck themselves

:D what benefits do you think it would have? Sunderland would be fucked as a City straight away as Nissan would be the first to pull the plug and move into a EU country. Believe it or not the Uk is not the big powerhouse it was - there's no industry left - and any of the major firms that are based in the Uk will sharp move to the continent as dealing within the EU is a lot easier. A trade agreement of some description will be drawn up I have no doubt but I can't imagine EU members being favourable to a country that basically told them to go and fuck themselves
Ye can get fecked like. The Euro economies are thriving at the minute aren't they? Even some of the BRIC countries aren't looking as good as they once were.

Not pointing the figure at you here, but within in these UKIP discussions there isn't half some slagging off this fine country.

Ye can get fecked like. The Euro economies are thriving at the minute aren't they? Even some of the BRIC countries aren't looking as good as they once were.

Not pointing the figure at you here, but within in these UKIP discussions there isn't half some slagging off this fine country.

I have no idea about UKIP mate I don't follow it - come on though, where is the Uk's industry? what makes it a major power? Thatcher fucked all that up and the country is paying the price 30 years later still - call centres, thats what the Uk has now - f***ing call centres and even they are being outsoursed elsewhere because its expensive to run in the Uk

to be fair the whole of europe is fucked to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back