Father Ted.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLM: Hello there Father.

TED: Ah, hello Colm. (laughing) Out and about?

COLM: Ah, same as yourself.

TED: Good good.

COLM: I hear you're a racist now Father.

TED: Wha...What?

COLM: How did you get interested in that type of thing?

TED: Who said I'm a racist?

COLM: Everyone's sayin' it Father. Should we all be racist now? What's the official line the
church is takin' on this.

TED: No, no.

COLM: Only the farm takes up most of the day and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn't be
able to devote meself to the oul' racism.

MRS. CARBERRY COMES IN. SHE IS AN OLD WOMAN WHO HAS JUST BEEN SHOPPING AND
HAS HANDFULLS OF BAGS.

MRS. CARBERRY: Good for you Father.

TED: What? Oh, Mrs. Carberry!

MRS. CARBERRY: Good for you Father. Well someone had the guts to stand up to them at last.
Comin' over here, takin' our jobs and our women and actin' like they own the feckin' place. Well
done Father. Good for you. Good for you. I'd like to feckin....

MRS. CARBERRY HAS NOW BECOME DERANGED AND IS SWINGING HER SHOPPING BAGS
EVERYWHERE.

MRS. CARBERRY: Feckin' Greeks.

COLM: It isn't the Greeks, it's the Chinese he's after.

TED: (panicing) I'm not after the Chinese.

MRS. CARBERRY: I don't care who he gets so long as I can have a go at the Greeks. They
invented gayness!

That was ad libbed, also Ted opens the door the wrong way.
:lol: Ted opens it the right way, but Mrs Doyle pushes it the wrong way. Great spot!

Blackadder would probably have needed to go back in time again to keep the historical perspective but, yes, I'd agree there. "Only Fools" gradually became more about the sit than the com, unfortunately.
Wasn't there an idea to do one in the future?

Last edited:
Blackadder would probably have needed to go back in time again to keep the historical perspective but, yes, I'd agree there. "Only Fools" gradually became more about the sit than the com, unfortunately.
I think there was an idea to do one set in the 1960s but it was shelved.

When Ted says to john and Mary, in response to a quip about the pope.

"HES NO FRIEND OF MINE!"

:lol:

Fr. Buzz Cagney: "this is the st. john's parish brochure. It's a bit out of date though, we've had another swimming pool built since then, and those girls serving drinks will be in their 20's now"

Probably why the likes of 'WHTT Likely Lads' and 'Fawlty Towers' are so well thought of now, the standard never dropped because they had a 'relatively' short run, Father Ted was the same, too many hit sitcoms flog a good idea to death.
And porridge for that matter although it had tailed away by the third series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back