Films with bad endings.

Off topic, but if I could be reincarnated as anybody in history, I'd probably be Robert Evans. The Kid Stays In The Picture is an awesome documentary.

But I'd get the Italian Job marketing right.
I got a free subscription to Empire magazine around 1991 when the book was serialised in there. I hadn’t heard of him to that point but loved all the inside skinny and back stories on so many Hollywood icons. Loved the book when it came out and the films was decent too.
See also ‘You’ll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again’ by Julia Phillips.

Off topic, but if I could be reincarnated as anybody in history, I'd probably be Robert Evans. The Kid Stays In The Picture is an awesome documentary.

But I'd get the Italian Job marketing right.

Could you also not try to direct the Cotton Club yourself and do some due diligence on the financial backers?

Last edited:
Could you also not try to direct the Cotton Club yourself and do some due diligence on the financial backers?
If I was Robert Evans Cotton Club wouldn't have got made, as I'd be too busy on Godfather 7: Connie's Revenge.

And stick to your guns so you could play the Harvey Keitel role in The Two Jakes?
I'd have sold it to Cannon and insisted on playing the Jack Nicholson role.

And leave some cocaine for everyone else
No.

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but I didn't like the ending of no country for old men.

Was great then all of a sudden there is a time jump and every bugger is dead.

I thought I had a fault on the dvd, like when the shops used to repair video tapes by cutting out and reattaching the chewed film.

Also thought the end of lord of the rings was way too long and boring. Took the shine off an impressive trilogy.

Lucy - Scarlett Johansson turns into the internet
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
War of the Worlds (all versions, but Spielberg adds his own sentimental cherry on top in the 2005 version)

Last edited:
Never mind bad endings, just watched Mr Earth and it was a shit start, shit middle and shit end. All done with shit acting and shit dialogue. Not sure I've watched anything so bad.

I should of ditched it after 5 minutes, but I've always watched every movie I've started, that's 2 hours I'll never get back.

Get Carter has an unnecessary downer ending, and the hit man is a ridiculous deus ex machina. I've edited a version down to take those bits out, leave him laughing on the beach and swap out the jangly 60s jazz outro theme for Reel 2 Real's I Like To Move It.

The end of The Usual Suspects when you find out it's all a dream

The moment when we zoom into the Kobayashi mug and then the eventual dissolve back out - that part is fiction or aliases given; but the lead-up, boat, and finish is true, as supported by the fax composite rendering that comes through to the office.

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach. One minute they're chasing someone on air boats, suddenly there's a snowstorm and then footage of my cousin's wedding. God knows what the scriptwriters were thinking with that plot twist. No wonder Steve Guttenberg lost heart with the franchise.

Back