Foreign tv series

Also if anyone's into their hard sci fi, there's a Scandinavian film called "Aniara" which is one of the best things I've seen in years.

Watching Lupin at the moment. French audio and English subtitles. The English audio is too American.
When that first came on I was f***ing about with the settings thinking it was out of sync🤣 until I realised it was dubbed. To be honest I just stayed with the dub and forgot about it after a while ,I thought it was a good series regardless

I really don't mind sub titles but am not keen on dubbing. I have just watched a good series from Argentina called Club Hooligans.
Not a documentary.
I watch a lot of Korean TV series on Netflix. They are my main viewing these days and I've watched hundreds I would think. Some of them are the best series I've ever seen and that includes western TV. One called 'crash landing on you' was just brilliant. Worth a look though the style of Asian TV might not be to everybody's taste
You're right about subtitles. I was watching one series then realised I wasn't reading the subtitles they had dubbed it. The first episodes were subtitles then suddenly dubbed. It was painful to watch after that but luckily I only had three more episodes to go. I much prefer the Korean voices as it's part of it and I won't watch anything dubbed.

All Korean telly.
Usually 16 episodes.
There's a lad & lass. One of thems special in some way. Alien/fox/ghost/plays a magic mouth organ (that's a poor people harmonica from before the internet)
There's another lad or lass or both who fancies one of them, is jealous as fuck, and/or wants to kill/expose the other.
Somebody owns a "conglomerate". One of the main four is rich as fuck and might be a canny lad or not. There's the rich family and the normal family.
The main baddie is a beloved powerful public figure but a secret psycho and has a secretary who knows and organizes everything. They might have somebody locked up somewhere.
Plenty of long walks where nowt happens but daft western-style songs.
No communication if it would help solve the case.
E.g. hero sees killer & could easily identify or locate him but says nowt. People get taken to the polis and have to sit next to the criminals when giving their statement.
Or the same in "joseon" if it's hysterical historical.
Mostly formulaic as fuck.
With the occasional real program slipping through not off the conveyor belt.
Not that I've watched any of it like.

The Bridge is absolutely brilliant, the best foreign series I've watched and I highly recommend it.
I think it's a walter presents production

I'll have a look for it mate, it must be good if you think it's better than this.

Worth searching out. There's three series each which covers a different murder. Similar to The Bridge in that it has a fantastic female lead but darker. One of the first series to get international recognition as "Scani Noir".

Worth searching out. There's three series each which covers a different murder. Similar to The Bridge in that it has a fantastic female lead but darker. One of the first series to get international recognition as "Scani Noir".

I've found it mate will start season 1 tonight, thanks for the recommendation.

I've found it mate, I'll start season 1 tonight cheers

I watch a lot of Korean TV series on Netflix. They are my main viewing these days and I've watched hundreds I would think. Some of them are the best series I've ever seen and that includes western TV. One called 'crash landing on you' was just brilliant. Worth a look though the style of Asian TV might not be to everybody's taste
You're right about subtitles. I was watching one series then realised I wasn't reading the subtitles they had dubbed it. The first episodes were subtitles then suddenly dubbed. It was painful to watch after that but luckily I only had three more episodes to go. I much prefer the Korean voices as it's part of it and I won't watch anything dubbed.
All Korean telly.
Usually 16 episodes.
There's a lad & lass. One of thems special in some way. Alien/fox/ghost/plays a magic mouth organ (that's a poor people harmonica from before the internet)
There's another lad or lass or both who fancies one of them, is jealous as fuck, and/or wants to kill/expose the other.
Somebody owns a "conglomerate". One of the main four is rich as fuck and might be a canny lad or not. There's the rich family and the normal family.
The main baddie is a beloved powerful public figure but a secret psycho and has a secretary who knows and organizes everything. They might have somebody locked up somewhere.
Plenty of long walks where nowt happens but daft western-style songs.
No communication if it would help solve the case.
E.g. hero sees killer & could easily identify or locate him but says nowt. People get taken to the polis and have to sit next to the criminals when giving their statement.
Or the same in "joseon" if it's hysterical historical.
Mostly formulaic as fuck.
With the occasional real program slipping through not off the conveyor belt.
Not that I've watched any of it like.
I really enjoyed this one recently on Paramount+

Back