Going to church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone on here attend church on a regular basis? Been thinking of going for the last couple of days,however I've a really shit singing voice and don't want the congregation to take this piss.

I'm not particularly religious, but I've never minded going for weddings, baptisms, etc.

I like the idea of community that places of worship seem to foster-- you gather with like-minded people, sing a few songs, and have a cuppa after. Like going to the footie, but less swearing.

Does anyone on here attend church on a regular basis? Been thinking of going for the last couple of days,however I've a really shit singing voice and don't want the congregation to take this piss.

It's a bit like the footy. No one really gives a fuck but we'd all take the piss (in private) out of the lad who used to sit behind us at the SOL because he couldn't even clap in time, nevermind sing in tune. ;)

It does interest me that Cameron is saying "We're a Christian country" when the vast majority of people don't go to church.

The 2011 census found 59% of people in England and Wales said they were Christians - down from 72% a decade earlier.

As my mother-in-law to be would say, she knows lots of people who claim to be Christian but wouldn't give you their last 10p

I've never been to any kind of church service in my life. I quite like having a nose about the buildings when there's nowt going on, but I've got no interest in any of the stuff that happens in there.

I think that's a bit sad. Not in a "you're a saddo" kind of way, in an "awww bless" kind of way. You should give it a try.

I've never been to any kind of church service in my life. I quite like having a nose about the buildings when there's nowt going on, but I've got no interest in any of the stuff that happens in there.

You managed to avoid weddings, christenings and funerals too? Since you were born?

It does interest me that Cameron is saying "We're a Christian country" when the vast majority of people don't go to church.

The 2011 census found 59% of people in England and Wales said they were Christians - down from 72% a decade earlier.

As my mother-in-law to be would say, she knows lots of people who claim to be Christian but wouldn't give you their last 10p
It's not less people being Christians, just we've been flooded by the muzzies man :evil:

Really, we'll still be a Christian country so long as we have a monarch performing the duties of Head of State and Head of the CoE.

You don't have to attend church to be a christian.

Figures from the British Social Attitudes Survey found that only about 15% of people actually go to church once a month.

It's not less people being Christians, just we've been flooded by the muzzies man :evil:

Really, we'll still be a Christian country so long as we have a monarch performing the duties of Head of State and Head of the CoE.

Aww. You sound scared of them! Grow up.

They practice their faith. Does that scare you?
When did you last go to church or pray?

Would you actually class yourself as a practicing christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back