Going to church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful,the atheist zealots will be on here shortly to strike you all down!
:lol:
T
:lol:So was not very Christian at all in reality.;)

I was brought up in a strict Catholic background and went to Church every Sunday and Holy days. I don't go to church now but still believe in God. I'm more worldly in my spiritual beliefs now, follow the good bits in many religions about love, charity, brotherly love, etc and still love Jesus but I'm not a bible basher.:)
:lol: sorry like.

Actually, I'm not, so ... :lol:

A bit like me. Catholic - but lapsed. I still like Christian values but deplore silly rules that the Catholic Church suggests.

A Christian society is a good one in my opinion.

Amazing the amount of foreign footballers that do a 'sign of the cross' is unbelievable. Lots of South Americans? Italians?

A society based on the non-religious rules of Christianity such as charity, caring for others, etc would be nice.

Religion must have started out as some form of origin story and then was seized upon by those wishing to impose social control.

It's quite sad the lengths people go to to impose their restrictions on others, in particular the Catholic church and birth control.

A society based on the non-religious rules of Christianity such as charity, caring for others, etc would be nice.

Religion must have started out as some form of origin story and then was seized upon by those wishing to impose social control.

It's quite sad the lengths people go to to impose their restrictions on others, in particular the Catholic church and birth control.
Old fashioned values are the best. My grandmother instilled a few in me. I particularly want my child to respect his elders. I think he does for the most part too. His teachers speak highly of him. Being pleasant and polite is the way to go.

used to be into all that when i was younger, but haven't been near the place since i was 14, once i became a teenager i started to question it and now i am what you would call a non believer

Old fashioned values are the best. My grandmother instilled a few in me. I particularly want my child to respect his elders. I think he does for the most part too. His teachers speak highly of him. Being pleasant and polite is the way to go.

I agree. Sadly not enough people have common manners. The amount of people I've held doors open for, for example, who completely ignore the fact that you've done that by not even acknowledging you is very frustrating.

A bit like me. Catholic - but lapsed. I still like Christian values but deplore silly rules that the Catholic Church suggests.

A Christian society is a good one in my opinion.

Amazing the amount of foreign footballers that do a 'sign of the cross' is unbelievable. Lots of South Americans? Italians?
Aye. Mind if the attention put into the silly rules and some quite pointless religious practice's was instead put into helping the less fortunate in the real world then it would improve the church. It's far too much of an institution rather than a way to live life.

:lol: sorry like.

Actually, I'm not, so ... :lol:
:lol: But I really do.:lol: Jesus is cool!!!

Aye. Mind if the attention put into the silly rules and some quite pointless religious practice's was instead put into helping the less fortunate in the real world then it would improve the church. It's far too much of an institution rather than a way to live life.

:lol: But I really do.:lol: Jesus is cool!!!
Fully agree. Church does excellent work within many communities - but some of their traditions are rather daft.
Religious faith gives comfort to many folk - after all - where would we be without the SMBs favourite ........Father Ted!

I've thought about it as all these Americans who win golf tournaments seem to believe it was down to their faith in God. I'd try anything to improve my game but I reckon going to church is a step too far.

It does interest me that Cameron is saying "We're a Christian country" when the vast majority of people don't go to church.

The 2011 census found 59% of people in England and Wales said they were Christians - down from 72% a decade earlier.

As my mother-in-law to be would say, she knows lots of people who claim to be Christian but wouldn't give you their last 10p
You don't have to go to have the values of one though. Most people carry on like Christians as a whole. Lots more just take the best bits out though.
I used to work with a bloke who left our place to follow the calling ( become a vicar) his wife left him and took the bairns. The only place she would let him see them was at a service of some sort. The bloke at the front started to make sense and that was him hooked. Cracking bloke who made loads of sense until the religion word was mentioned which at that point he lost me.

Be careful,the atheist zealots will be on here shortly to strike you all down!

Did someone call ?! :lol:

I was forced to go to church when I was young. I go now to be polite, weddings, christenings and funerals.

I was outside Durham cathedral on Monday, and as much as it's an incredibly impressive edifice, I couldn't help but thinking to myself what a f***ing waste of money and valuable human endeavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back