Growing up in Sunderland

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister used to live in Farringdon and I remember being able to see Silksworth Colliery lit up at night. Very sad when it closed.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

We used to spend hours raking around the woods by the river at South Hylton, then walk up to the golf course scouring the deck for golf balls.....There was always some twat on the north side of the river taking pot shots with an air rifle mind
Those tribal witherwackistanis man. Set of nutters.

I can remember looking out my bedroom window from Ford Estate and seeing the lights of Hylton colliery. Oh how I yearned to visit such far-flung exotic sounding locations.

Ha ha ! A mate of mine had a dad who worked in Hylton Paper Mill and they took me round it before it closed. You could see the collery over the watter and it did seem a long way away. I always wanted to get on the concrete boat too :lol:

Ha ha ! A mate of mine had a dad who worked in Hylton Paper Mill and they took me round it before it closed. You could see the collery over the watter and it did seem a long way away. I always wanted to get on the concrete boat too :lol:

I can remember the night the Ford paper mill burnt down. That must have been very early 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back