How "old" is old?

Embrace it, it's really not old. Believe me.
Oh I know. I had the same feeling when I was 19 and then again at 29. Just a Psychological thing that will always be there. I don't feel physically healthy at the minute though. Got a few niggles I'm worried about.

I'm 39 and feel old. Dreading my 40th.
So did I. Thought 40 was the end and everything would be downhill from then on.
Now I'm 71, same weight at 80kgs and waist size -34"- as at 40.
Been retired 8 years and honestly, age just doesn't matter as long as you've got your health and stay active

So did I. Thought 40 was the end and everything would be downhill from then on.
Now I'm 71, same weight at 80kgs and waist size -34"- as at 40.
Been retired 8 years and honestly, age just doesn't matter as long as you've got your health and stay active
I am Surprised you're that old mate. Based on nowt other than your recent posts I thought you were a similar age to me.

It's mad,.I'm 60 and and I've been out tonight with the first two mates.i ever had. We've always went out for a pint most weeks since we started drinking. All 3 of us married and none divorced. We went to a really close friend's funeral earlier on the week but I know it's to be expected. So i know we're old but because we have grown up together it seems like yesterday when we were kids.
Ive a lot of mates like that. Of my closest 4 mates 2 ive known since aged 7 or 8, another 11.

I'm 59.

Just been remembering bonfire night on that thread.
I read it back to myself just now, and even though I don't feel "old", I can imagine a lot of younger people reading it and thinking "silly owld git" 🤣

So what age is the definition of old?
Erm old is any age

That’s why they put a numbers before it

Eg:

20 mins old……….13 weeks old…….8 years old………..2 millenaria old

Last edited:
There’s me and three other posters on here who were in the same class at school in Shields. We left in 1974 and are now closing in on our State Pension.
I’m not sure any of us feel old.

I'm 59.

Just been remembering bonfire night on that thread.
I read it back to myself just now, and even though I don't feel "old", I can imagine a lot of younger people reading it and thinking "silly owld git" 🤣

So what age is the definition of old?
We're old now
My mate tried to call it middle age
I won't live til 120
Different times though, still wear trainers and stuff . No braces and pocket watches

You’re old when you take ages clarting about at the cash point and in a supermarket stand in the door way talking to people you only saw yesterday
Generally getting in my way then you are old
Even worse if you start chatting to people you believe you saw yesterday, but who don't actually know you from Adam!

Depends how much you’ve had to drink the night before.

Very true. When you're out drinking ( though after 50 you really shouldn't be ) you feel 15 years younger than you actually are, but the following day you feel 15 years older, and it gets worse year on year.
In me experience, downhill all the way after 55.

Last edited:

Back