I kinda like the way we are doing business at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

And Dick talking about getting Value for money in the market which doesn't mean we aren't still trying for quality. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

If you don't get value for money (particularly on the wages side) you lose any control you may have regarding when to move the player on, in other words if you pay a player far more than he is worth then he becomes less attractive to other clubs and other clubs become less attractive to him, which is a problem if he turns out to be not very good.

Everyone would like to see us have everyone in as early as possible, bit that's just not how it works unfortunately. It's hard to at times, but all we can do is be patient a suppose. The club are obviously trying, so that's all they can do. Talk of another 4 or 5 to come in, so ideally would like another 3 in for America, but I trust the club is doing all they can. There's a handful on here that are embarrassing themselves tbh, but nothing new there.

We're keeping things close because they obviously don't stuff to leak out, as all it does is causes other problems like other clubs being alterted to availability, fan expectation, etc.

I'm happy enough if we keep doing things the way we are.

Reckon we'll be reserving a bit of business until deadline time after we see the conclusion of the Johnson business.

Everyone would like to see us have everyone in as early as possible, bit that's just not how it works unfortunately. It's hard to at times, but all we can do is be patient a suppose. The club are obviously trying, so that's all they can do. Talk of another 4 or 5 to come in, so ideally would like another 3 in for America, but I trust the club is doing all they can. There's a handful on here that are embarrassing themselves tbh, but nothing new there.

Exactly this. Fact of the matter is that we are in competition with almost every side outside the top four for good players yet, due to years of relegation battles and our location, we aren't all that desirable. I imagine trying to convince good players to come here, unless we are paying more than everyone else, is no easy task.

In theory it should be better for us but in practice its boring.
I would rather it this way than someone like Quinn or Poyet spouting off to the press about our supposed targets and how big our war chest is.

I know, I used to love a bit of Longhorn :lol::lol:

Exactly, and don't shoot the messenger threads. That's when the forum is at its best and they seem to be doing their best to take that away from us. I was like a pig in shit when we were trying to sign all the football manager wonderkids from football manager under Di Fanti.

I would rather it this way than someone like Quinn or Poyet spouting off to the press about our supposed targets and how big our war chest is.

Fair enough, Id prefer the best signings possible and hopefully this way will help but that's difficult to prove. Two in by Tuesday was a great time to be a Sunderland fan until Tuesday came and went.

Fair enough, Id prefer the best signings possible and hopefully this way will help but that's difficult to prove. Two in by Tuesday was a great time to be a Sunderland fan until Tuesday came and went.
We all would but a player holding up the scarf on the same day the press get wind of it is better than tedious speculation linking us with all and sundry.

We don't know either way some chose to believe others don't simply really.
Not really. There's plenty on here who are basing their whines on nowt - absolutely nowt other than what their imaginations tell them is the worst possible case. Conversely there is actually tangible evidence that we are targeting players who have a good chance of making a difference. We're far away from the point where we should get the bunting out but the desire in many on here to remain negative is driven by self indulgence and a desire to be first to predict doom as far as I can see.

If we can't muster optimism when there are no games to drag us back to reality then there's not much hope tbh. Caution is fine. A neutral stance is fine. There is no real excuse for the endless whining

People have to remember that we have ages to get our business done. Some players won't become available until their selling club replaces them, etc. So many factors.

We all would but a player holding up the scarf on the same day the press get wind of it is better than tedious speculation linking us with all and sundry.

Completely agree, Im just saying I enjoy the speculation but not at the cost of getting something done.

Not really. There's plenty on here who are basing their whines on nowt - absolutely nowt other than what their imaginations tell them is the worst possible case. Conversely there is actually tangible evidence that we are targeting players who have a good chance of making a difference. We're far away from the point where we should get the bunting out but the desire in many on here to remain negative is driven by self indulgence and a desire to be first to predict doom as far as I can see.

If we can't muster optimism when there are no games to drag us back to reality then there's not much hope tbh. Caution is fine. A neutral stance is fine. There is no real excuse for the endless whining

Endless whining I agree, but folk are well within there right to be pessimistic. History tells us we should be.

Last edited:
Completely agree, Im just saying I enjoy the speculation but not at the cost of getting something done.

just for you then mate

A mate of mine who knows someone in the club reckons theres an imminent one soon and be prepared for a massive shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back