Interstellar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mux

Striker
Watched this last night, what a film!

My brain is a bit sore this morning but it's good to see such a big blockbuster film that requires a good deal of thought and intelligence to understand what's actually going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, a brief synopsis:

Set a few decades in the future, earth is dying, food is shit and everything's a bit dusty. Matthew Mcconaughey inadvertently (perhaps) gets himself caught up saving the world by trying to find another planet we can live on.

Millions of turns and twists along the way but if you haven't already seen it I'd recommend anyone giving it a watch. Stunning visuals and fantastic characters (Matt Damon's surprise appearance a bonus). £13 on DVD at Tesco or £10 on Blu-Ray (bargain!).

One of the few films I'd watch again straight away, just to enjoy the ride.

5/5 from Mux.

My brain is a bit sore this morning but it's good to see such a big blockbuster film that requires a good deal of thought and intelligence to understand what's actually going on.

Set a few decades in the future, earth is dying, food is shit and everything's a bit dusty. Matthew Mcconaughey inadvertently (perhaps) gets himself caught up saving the world by trying to find another planet we can live on.

Millions of turns and twists along the way but if you haven't already seen it I'd recommend anyone giving it a watch. Stunning visuals and fantastic characters (Matt Damon's surprise appearance a bonus). £13 on DVD at Tesco or £10 on Blu-Ray (bargain!).

5/5 from Mux.
Wait til The Martian comes out....

I've had it for ages but can't get 3 hours spare to watch it !

5/5 from Mux.
What a helmet, IT'S NOT A SURPRISE NOW.

5/5 from Mux.
Fabulous film. Almost more of a father/daughter film than a sci fi one. Just how far would you go and what sacrifices would you make too see your daughter one more time and keep a promise?

Tear jerker at the end.

One of the best sci fi films ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulous film. Almost more of a father/daughter film than a sci fi one. Just how far would you go and what sacrifices would you make too see your daughter one more time and keep a promise?

Tear jerker at the end.

100% agree.

In fact the relationships between the characters was one of the best things about the film. Quite an emotional rollercoaster at times as well as a visual one. It's not often that is achieved with big budget films that often go for visuals over plotline and character quality, this one has the lot.

Wait til The Martian comes out....
@ProfessionalMackem ???

I spent ten minutes messing around with the sound settings before I realised it was just shit sound. Couldn't hear a word Michael Caine was saying. Canny film though.

I spent ten minutes messing around with the sound settings before I realised it was just shit sound. Couldn't hear a word Michael Caine was saying. Canny film though.

turned up the volume for the mumbling scenes and then shit my pants whenever it cut to the spaceship

Tear jerker at the end.

Indeed, beautiful film. Christopher Nolan maintains a belief in the magic & power of cinema, he's the boy.

Nice little piece here on how the soundtrack with Hans Zimmer evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back