Israeli on Sky News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they? They have massive military supremacy, are arguing from a position of strength and have nothing to gain from this course of action. Hamas can clearly not be trusted to keep their side of any bargain.

You're equally blindly pro-Israel though. I'm pro neither. I see both sides but accept the wrongs committed by both sides.

Oh and well done for the anti-Semitism accusations. That's constructive.
Its just as constructive as accusing people of being insensitive to Palestinian kids being slaughtered.

I'll just let other posters cycle back through the thread and see who has been repeatedly quoting me, and naming me in posts when I don't give them the satisfaction of a retort.

That's the last you'll hear from me on the subject. Although I do find you amusing in a "look at me look at me look at me" kind of way.

Reply if you want but I shan't. :lol:
Whatever is going on between your ears, it is completely unfathomable to anybody else. You won't reply because you are unable to make any sense. What f***ing charade? You were the one that first told me to fuck off. Incidentally, did you used to post on the old newsgroup site many years ago? That person used to get abusive when he lost the plot too.

Lets accept your point that the Israelis are bullies and have overwhelming strength....how ludicrous is it for Hamas to pick a fight with an enemy that they know they cannot defeat? what did you seriously expect the Israelis to do when Hamas started all of this and broke ceasefire after ceasefire - huddle in a corner and take it?
So you think it is acceptable for anyone to take what they want if they are stronger?

Can we at least agree that it should?
Personally I'd like too see an end to this conflict, like all conflicts. If thats what it took, the Israelis agreed to it and Hamas then abided by the agreement then your solution seems fine to me. My hunch though is that the Israeli's would rather have these conflicts every so often, obliterate as many people and buildings as they can, break the backs of the Palestinians and bit by bit chip away until there is nothing much left in Gaza. They could then take that over.

In essence it is again my hunch that Israel over the next 100 years will expand into other territories and fight other wars until it is is happy that it has the population size it wants, the territory it wants and the buffer it has from hostile nations.

So you think it is acceptable for anyone to take what they want if they are stronger?
No.

i think that if you are stronger and no one is prepared to rein you in then an inevitable consequence is that you will do what you want until you are happy with what you have.

Personally I'd like too see an end to this conflict, like all conflicts. If thats what it took, the Israelis agreed to it and Hamas then abided by the agreement then your solution seems fine to me. My hunch though is that the Israeli's would rather have these conflicts every so often, obliterate as many people and buildings as they can, break the backs of the Palestinians and bit by bit chip away until there is nothing much left in Gaza. They could then take that over.

In essence it is again my hunch that Israel over the next 100 years will expand into other territories and fight other wars until it is is happy that it has the population size it wants, the territory it wants and the buffer it has from hostile nations.

No irony intended?

No.

i think that if you are stronger and no one is prepared to rein you in then an inevitable consequence is that you will do what you want until you are happy with what you have.

By not fighting back, no issue would be made and Palestine would disappear. Why would the world take notice otherwise?

And you take issue with resistance to this?

By not fighting back, no issue would be made and Palestine would disappear. Why would the world take notice otherwise?
Is the world taking notice now? If so what good has it done the Palestinian cause over the last 70 years?

No one is going to stop it. Not Hamas, not the weak middle eastern governments, not the US and not the UN.
You would have been at the airport cheering when chamberlain returned with his piece of paper wouldn't you ?
Everyone just needs a little leben raum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back