Major Annoyances...

People smoking by entrances.

People blocking supermarket isles while chatting.

People who don’t signal when turning right on a roundabout

When a mate or family member calls you on the phone, then 30 seconds into the call says someone else is trying to get through I'll call you back. Sod that, my time is just as valuable as yours. Straight to voicemail you go.

People who turn up at your house or ring you out of the blue. Unless it's a genuine emergency, we have technology to ask if it's convenient. Anything else is just ignorant and selfish. No worries, I'll just drop everything I was doing.

Lateness.

Bad manners at their very worst.

Making it clear that your time is secondary to their own time , it really boils my piss.
When a mate or family member calls you on the phone, then 30 seconds into the call says someone else is trying to get through I'll call you back. Sod that, my time is just as valuable as yours. Straight to voicemail you go.

This .

Keep ‘em coming mate I’ve almost filled me “weekly SMB miserable moaning minges” bingo card.

Seriously the same shite gets trotted out every time these threads appear. It’s tedious as fuck.

So is it Gouda or Edam for you?
I always get them mixed up - I like the little red wax ones!

:lol: Silly sossij.

I don't know if they are Dutch but those little Baby Bells I could eat forever. Tasty lil' bassas they are. Once you get through the silly net.
At the risk of attracting your ire and, as surprisingly I have been all over the Netherlands and to Copenhagen loads of time, I always have to take a second to make sure I get the right one of the two.

Just a second to work it out in my head, but that pause sometimes feels long 😁

When one of my earlier books came out I was interviewed again by a BBC Radio Newcastle presenter. The first time it happened it went really well and I enjoyed it, which I otherwise very rarely do. So I said yes to doing a second one with a different presenter when the follow-up book came out. His very first words to me in the interview were: 'So, Alex, you're Dutch...'. I remember taking a deep breath, pausing myself for a couple of seconds then replied: 'No, I'm Danish'. The interview went swiftly downhill from there as I could feel my mood change as I just couldn't shift his opening stupidity. And I'd be surprised if it was ever broadcast in the end. I mean, when even professional folk get it wrong, what hope do I have for anyone else to get it right. Sigh.

Am curious, did you go to Copenhagen on your holidays or with work ? As weird as it probably sounds I never get the feeling of it being a capital city at all on the odd occasion I venture there myself. It just feels too cosy to be any sort of metropolis to me. In the best of ways, I may add.

People standing still on those moving thingies that run along the aisles at airports do my head in. Either walk or get out the fecking way !

Last edited:
Keep ‘em coming mate I’ve almost filled me “weekly SMB miserable moaning minges” bingo card.

Seriously the same shite gets trotted out every time these threads appear. It’s tedious as fuck.
Sounds like repetitive whinging is a major annoyance?

Grown men getting their wives and daughters to ring for stuff they need then sit behind them answering the questions their poor missus gets asked .

The hidden Tibetan Quarter of Fulwell.
I cannot return to England without someone confusing Danish with Dutch. If I live to be a hundred I will still not understand it.

Same on here but am used to that and just smile it off as I know it's a long-running joke, of course. But when meeting and talking to real life people in the North East and they still after all these years get my nationality mixed up, I just don't get it. Depending on my mood I either just shrug it off and say nothing or if it is the second time that day I'll probably say something.

When I was back over a few months ago I was chatting to a musician from a local band. I have known the band for years and him, too. In the break between the two sessions we were standing outside having a smoke when he suddenly began to ask me about Dutch cheeses. At first I thought he was taking the mickey so I didn't say anything. But he went on for a couple of minutes and it dawned on me that he was being serious. That was the first time I realised that when even people who have known me for years get the two mixed up, then there really is little hope. Guess I'll just have to continue shrugging it off. I have decades of practise anyway. But it does boggle my mind.
Very odd, Danish sounds feck all like Dutch.

Last edited:
Born within a mile of the tyne, or so I was told as a young person. Is shields hospital within a mile of the tyne? If so, I'm a Geordie that loves Sunderland Association Football Club

I cannot return to England without someone confusing Danish with Dutch. If I live to be a hundred I will still not understand it.

Same on here but am used to that and just smile it off as I know it's a long-running joke, of course. But when meeting and talking to real life people in the North East and they still after all these years get my nationality mixed up, I just don't get it. Depending on my mood I either just shrug it off and say nothing or if it is the second time that day I'll probably say something.

When I was back over a few months ago I was chatting to a musician from a local band. I have known the band for years and him, too. In the break between the two sessions we were standing outside having a smoke when he suddenly began to ask me about Dutch cheeses. At first I thought he was taking the mickey so I didn't say anything. But he went on for a couple of minutes and it dawned on me that he was being serious. That was the first time I realised that when even people who have known me for years get the two mixed up, then there really is little hope. Guess I'll just have to continue shrugging it off. I have decades of practise anyway. But it does boggle my mind.
Was this Mux and if so is he getting back on here, he is a miss? Also I absolutly love danbo (I think that's the right name).

Last edited:

You could have made that into an official post Tex to contribute to this thread, along the lines of "Tedious, pointless, repetitive posts on a football forum" ;)

Back