Major Annoyances...

We all were..'Geordie aggro' and various other Geordie related songs were the norm at Roker in the 70's..i don't think i'd even heard the term 'mackem' till the early/mid 80's time.
I was late teens before I’d heard the term Mackem and that was a term of abuse in a Newcastle pub. It wasn’t a thing until mid 80s at the earliest
People who film gigs are the absolute worst
They are scum.

:lol: Silly sossij.

I don't know if they are Dutch but those little Baby Bells I could eat forever. Tasty lil' bassas they are. Once you get through the silly net.

When one of my earlier books came out I was interviewed again by a BBC Radio Newcastle presenter. The first time it happened it went really well and I enjoyed it, which I otherwise very rarely do. So I said yes to doing a second one with a different presenter when the follow-up book came out. His very first words to me in the interview were: 'So, Alex, you're Dutch...'. I remember taking a deep breath, pausing myself for a couple of seconds then replied: 'No, I'm Danish'. The interview went swiftly downhill from there as I could feel my mood change as I just couldn't shift his opening stupidity. And I'd be surprised if it was ever broadcast in the end. I mean, when even professional folk get it wrong, what hope do I have for anyone else to get it right. Sigh.

Am curious, did you go to Copenhagen on your holidays or with work ? As weird as it probably sounds I never get the feeling of it being a capital city at all on the odd occasion I venture there myself. It just feels too cosy to be any sort of metropolis to me. In the best of ways, I may add.

People standing still on those moving thingies that run along the aisles at airports do my head in. Either walk or get out the fecking way !
So why have the Dutch flag as your avatar?

I was late teens before I’d heard the term Mackem and that was a term of abuse in a Newcastle pub. It wasn’t a thing until mid 80s at the earliest

They are scum.
I first heard 'mackem' from an old fella i was working with down the yards..there was a gobshite mag welder from South Shields who used it anarl.

Was this Mux and if so is he getting back on here, he is a miss? Also I absolutly love danbo (I think that's the right name).

Danbo is rather lovely.

It wasn't him but someone from his band. His ban is long up but not sure when or if he wants to make a return. I agree he is a miss.

So why have the Dutch flag as your avatar?

:lol: That proper tickled me.

Last edited:
People asking me to spell my surname on the phone then asking "no E on the end?" as if i've somehow forgotten how to finish spelling my own name and they've felt the need to double check just in case.
To be fair to them, you do have an 'e' at the end of your first name, dear Macke Moo.

when you'v got a chesty cough and/or runny nose

it irritates the life out of everyone around you, including yourself

i've coughed deeply every 30 seconds since i woke up this morning

Still got it then?!?

Am still in slight pain from likely coughing my gallbladder or something out of place during that prolonged infection

Inspired by another thread, I nearly bumped the Minor Annoyances thread but this is a biggy...

People from other places thinking you're a Geordie when you're away somewhere.
Luckily people think i've a Durham accent .Correct. When i lived in the states people thought i was Australian !:(

Same , since yesterday morning. Nightmare sleeping last night, got worse and ive got the sweats and aches now. Gonna sweat it out tonight, hot bath, thermal underwear in bed, heating on high. Be drenched by morning but it usually helps.

Couldn't give a hoot about being called a Geordie or whatever. Let's be honest, either side of the Tyne has its fair share of awful, aggressive braying hillbillies with various missing teeth. It's not like you go through the Tyne Tunnel either way and it's any different.
What about either side of the Wear?.

Back