Modern footballers not celebrating against former clubs when they score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's thoughts on this? Seems to be a bit of a trend lately. Personally, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself :confused:. I can understand Lampard to a degree, but someone like Lukaku who had 1 year on loan a WBA?

I'd celebrate. If the fans got upset or whatever then stuff them. He plays for Man City now, and the way he kept going on about Chelsea was a bit daft. It was almost like he wished he hadn't scored.

its a sign of respect. For example, when meyler celebrated like they'd won the league after scoring last season my hatred for the bloke went through the roof, despite liking the lad here. When Frazier Campbell scored and didn't celebrate I thought he was a top bloke despite having no time for him when he was here.

its a sign of respect. For example, when meyler celebrated like they'd won the league after scoring last season my hatred for the bloke went through the roof, despite liking the lad here. When Frazier Campbell scored and didn't celebrate I thought he was a top bloke despite having no time for him when he was here.
You can look at it both ways though. If I was a city fan, lampards reaction would have pissed me off. If you pull on the shirt, you are part of THAT team and should behave accordingly

I personally just think that players today are like sheep. They see one do it, so they all do the same. Just like their trendy tattoo's.

If a player doesnt want to celebrate as a sign of respect to his former club and fans then fair enough. Nowt wrong with that. Same with a player over celebrating if he left the previous club on bad terms.

I've got to be honest, I'm in a minority here but I think it's a good thing to do. Don't get me wrong, footballers take it to the extreme - scoring against a club you played for 5 games and not celebrating is daft.

However, if you have real connections to the club (For example - yesterday when Lampard scored) it shows respect for your former team mates and more importantly, the fans.

Shearer winds me up, last week he was on MOTD banging on about it saying they should always celebrate, I disagree. I think containing your emotions shows a degree of class and respect.

I've got to be honest, I'm in a minority here but I think it's a good thing to do. Don't get me wrong, footballers take it to the extreme - scoring against a club you played for 5 games and not celebrating is daft.

However, if you have real connections to the club (For example - yesterday when Lampard scored) it shows respect for your former team mates and more importantly, the fans.

Shearer winds me up, last week he was on MOTD banging on about it saying they should always celebrate, I disagree. I think containing your emotions shows a degree of class and respect.

I get it if you played for a team for years and that, but if you were on loan etc, I just can't. I remember Marco scoring against us for Derby and he celebrated. He got stick during the game of our fans, so why not? I don't think anything less of the fella.

Ridiculous trend. I remember Aaron Ramsey scoring against Arsenal against Cardiff last season and almost apologising for doing so. Of course, the media were creaming themselves over it whilst not mentioning how disrespectful it was to his own team mates and fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back