Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

There have been Christian terrorist sunderland fans so yes yes yes yes and yes.

Can you provide details of them, never heard of any.
Which christians in this country regard themselves above the law due to their religion?
Which christians in this country regard killing as justifiable due to their religious beliefs only?
You say they exist, point us to the news reports.

Isn't this true of most strict sects of Christianity and judism as well ?
No, cant recall any honour killings or communities shunning a christian marrying a non christian, if you know of it happening on a widescale basis, point us to the evidence.

Excellent post but many Muslims also carry grudges relating to before the Imperial age. The Crusades are still nearly 1000yrs later a massive bone of contention and recruiting tool for Extremist Islam. The very fact hat it is forbidden for Muslims to marry non - Muslims, unless they convert, is a massive barrier to true assimilation of any culture in which Muslims who live in none Islamic countries are part of. They may integrate to a certain degree but will never assimilate because their religious teaching forbids it. This creates massive misunderstanding and resentment where ever the two cultures meet.

The support, both financial and logistic, for one of the most extreme interpretation of the Qu'ran given by the Al Sauds and distributed freely throughout the Islamic (and none Islamic) world in the form of free Qu'ran, funds to build mosques and imans to preach in them means that more and more a very conservative and hardline orthodoxy is becoming he norm and any dissenters risk real and potentially fatal threats if they resist or question this school.

Whether people agree or don't believe it there is a very strong movement within the Islamic faith, which is exponentially growing as well, for a Caliphate/even world domination as this is apparently the prophecy given to them. Until Islam has a Reformation and possibly even a Counter Reformation, it will always remain very much rooted in it medieval origins. I've argued on here before that in the last 100yrs it actually seems to have chosen a path backwards in terms of its codex a pulling up of the drawbridge if you will.
Excellent post.
However it's rarely mentioned that muslims were crusading hundreds of years before the Christian crusades. This was a massive reason to start these crusades, to stop the spread of islam after they'd invaded and forcefully converted numerous countries.
They got as far as France with their raids. With foresight they needn't have bothered. They can now just walk in, in their hundreds of thousands and build a mosque in every town, village, and city. Usually against the wishes of the home population.

Can you provide details of them, never heard of any. Ian davison
Which christians in this country regard themselves above the law due to their religion? Catholic priests
Which christians in this country regard killing as justifiable due to their religious beliefs only? Irish paramilitary
You say they exist, point us to the news reports.
Google any of the above

No, cant recall any honour killings or communities shunning a christian marrying a non christian, if you know of it happening on a widescale basis, point us to the evidence.try living in northern Ireland

Take your blinkers off mate. Surprised you fall for the lizard overlords bullshit

Can you provide details of them, never heard of any.
Which christians in this country regard themselves above the law due to their religion?
Which christians in this country regard killing as justifiable due to their religious beliefs only?

The United States of America - certainly during the GW Bush regime
"I answer to a higher power" or something along those lines.

He pretty much used the Peter Sutcliffe excuse for the war in Iraq

.. first record I ever had was by Cat Stevens Matthew and Son, someone's cast off. My father would have been reported to social services these days ..

Play it backwards and its a call to Jihad.....allegedly

No, cant recall any honour killings or communities shunning a christian marrying a non christian, if you know of it happening on a widescale basis, point us to the evidence.

Exactly this; while Orthodox Jewish believers (and possibly some Christian sects, Mormons being the biggest I can think of) may actively chose not to marry outside their cult, with Islam it's a strict tenet of faith not to marry outside of the faith. The other person must convert. This is across the board not just within sects or the differing dogmas of shia and sunni. Hardliners, who are becoming more and more as the faith and teachings revert back to the very conservative, interpret various sunnah and surah to mean Muslims shouldn't even have contact with non believers. How can this in anyway help to improve community harmony and understanding when many on one side think that they are religiously obliged to have as little to do as possible with their neighbours?

Add in a healthy dollop of a South Asian culture which still maintains the feudal values of village life on the subcontinent, a fairly large percentage of the community who can hardly speak English as a second language and a lack of opportunities for advancement beyond the traditional sectors of employment which maintain this subcontinent centered world view and its a recipe for disaster. This of course doesn't mean everybody thinks or feels this way but it is a commonality that seems to be becoming more apparent.

Last edited:
Nah sorry I can't have that. I am going to tar you all with the same brush and assume you all do all of the worst extramities of Hinduism. That's how it works with muslims on here isn't it ?

Apparently we can dismiss anything Hindus do in Asia as they don't do it here but not treat muslims equitably. I am more than happy to call a spade a spade for all religions that treat other people badly
That's because,

a: the hindus have this concept of a place called hindustan, inside which they can be murderously intolerant/chauvinistic/bigoted, but outside of which they tend not to be.
b: hinduism is not an evangelical religion commanded to spread the 'good word' to everybody.

Islam, however, considers the whole world to be its god-given caliphate and that all muslims have a duty to try and convert all non-muslims.

Islam, however, considers the whole world to be its god-given caliphate and that all muslims have a duty to try and convert all non-muslims.

But you could say the same of Christianity. When the Spanish went to South America and converted the locals to Catholicism, they merely said that it was God's plan and they were waiting for the Spanish to arrive to show them the light.

But you could say the same of Christianity. When the Spanish went to South America and converted the locals to Catholicism, they merely said that it was God's plan and they were waiting for the Spanish to arrive to show them the light.
Aye, I know that, and?

Are we talking about mussies in this thread or the Vatican's opposition to the use of birth control?

Aye, I know that, and?

Are we talking about mussies in this thread or the Vatican's opposition to the use of birth control?

Islam, no? The way you wrote your statement was as if it is only followers of Islam that want to convert the world, I am merely saying that other religions also think exactly the same it is just at this particular time of the history of this planet it's Muslims that are making the most noise.

Islam, no? The way you wrote your statement was as if it is only followers of Islam that want to convert the world, I am merely saying that other religions also think exactly the same it is just at this particular time of the history of this planet it's Muslims that are making the most noise.
I'm posting on a thread with the title of 'Muslims' ... :rolleyes:

That's because,

a: the hindus have this concept of a place called hindustan, inside which they can be murderously intolerant/chauvinistic/bigoted, but outside of which they tend not to be.
b: hinduism is not an evangelical religion commanded to spread the 'good word' to everybody.

That is right mate the muslim switch is binary. There is only a not muslim and jihad John setting. No room for anything in between.

I know It's been said a million times before, but I'm still waiting to hear a credible explanation.

Certainly not all Muslims are terrorists by a long chalk,
but in today's world, most terrorists are Muslims.

That 'all Muslims...' quote gets wheeled out all the time by ignorant people and it does my head in, because it proves absolutely nothing.

Not all men are rapists, but all rapists are men.

Not all chocolate bars are Snickers, but all Snickers are chocolate bars.

Completely meaningless.

Treat woman like second class citizens
Whilst it is certainly true that women are treated as second class citizens in some Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia, many other Muslim countries are much more progressive. If Saudi Arabia don't allow women to drive, for example, that is a Saudi Arabia problem, not a Muslim problem.

There have been something like 8 democratically elected female heads of state (PMs, Presidents) in Muslim countries. We've had one. America - zero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back