New flights from Newcastle to New York announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just booking my flights now for two days in Tulsa next week. Taking bets on whether I'll get there and back as planned.

My bet is that you will, can't be that bad.

Fly AA everywhere now. Best of a bad bunch. Use Virgin America if the route makes sense but I'm usually headed to the arse end of nowhere, via Dallas.

I think your memory must be playing tricks on you! Been like this for years!

Crew may have been out of hours by that point. Happened to me out of Toronto. Plane was there, bad weather had subsided, later flights were going close to schedule but they canned mine. Got the last seat on the last flight out that night, five hours later. Spent it in the Molson bar and was absolutely shit faced when I got to board! That was Air Canada, codeshare partners in shitness with United!

Unlikely on short haul unless last flight of the day or sommit

Last edited:

£75 a night is cheap for midtown, especially Ts, is it more a hostel like? Shared bathroom?

It's always one baggage collection, unless you're changing flights in the USA, in which case they often (always?) make you collect your bags and check them back in again at the first port of entry.

Just done a quick search on Expedia and cheapest hotel in Times Square from random 5 days in June more than twice that price, which hotel are you staying in?

Even Hotel St James is £705 for 5 days in June.
Its called the Amsterdam court hotel. It was a 'mobile special' on Expedia I was on an iPad at the time.

Before I saw that I was just about to book a hotel with less favourable reviews a lot further out for about £250 more, so was a touch fortunate.

AA have a far better reputation, but I live in Houston, which is a major United hub.

I'd hope so!

The only thing I could commend United on was after the England friendly in Miami I flew from Fort Lauderdale to Mexico City..

I took a train from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale Airport, problem was the train actually starts a couple of miles away from Miami Airport and there's a shuttle bus that takes you to the station which leaves after the train departs, had to wait an hour for the next one and it stopped a few mile from Fort Lauderdale Airport another shuttle bus .. missed flight..

United Airlines weren't arsed and put me on the next flight to Houston no questions asked.. the flight got delayed, that's where the nightmare began..

They wouldn't do that in this country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back