NFL fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apart from Lewis consistently outscoring lacy?

Lacy has the higher upside, he's the RB in the leagues best offence.

Lewis is a top 5 RB though, make no mistake he's the main man in NE. Blount being out doesn't bother me, Blount only got on the field against Jacksonville when they rested Lewis and Gronk after going ahead by 3 scores.

Lewis is a top 5 RB though, make no mistake he's the main man in NE. Blount being out doesn't bother me, Blount only got on the field against Jacksonville when they rested Lewis and Gronk after going ahead by 3 scores.
It's his versatility ... He's always going to be massively involved whether it's the run or pass game.

Yes by name, people will think it's a poor offer, but if you look into it, it's a very fair offer. Both have massive upsides on the trade if it was to be accepted

I've offered Todd gurley cos I wanted devonta freeman but sedgefield nyron has gone into hiding I think he's in the drain with Callum

Beware that when Coleman comes back it's only a matter of time before he takes over the lead back role and Freeman is the back up again

That was me you cheeky bastard, you never had a worthy starter at RB or QB and I was desperate for a WR, all 4 are top players!!!

No way would you give up two execllent WRs for one RB and a QB...

The QB can easily be filled by adequate streamers so the value of Brady is a lot lower in trade terms

Don't agree. Belichick is the fantasy RB killer, he famously rotates his backs. Expect Blount and Lewis to split carries going forward.

Beware that when Coleman comes back it's only a matter of time before he takes over the lead back role and Freeman is the back up again

The QB can easily be filled by adequate streamers so the value of Brady is a lot lower in trade terms

Agreed. Unless you've got one of the few elite QB's you're probably best going on a matchup basis. ie anyone v the Bears ;)

Don't agree. Belichick is the fantasy RB killer, he famously rotates his backs. Expect Blount and Lewis to split carries going forward.

Agree to disagree. Where he might lose out on the run game he'll more than pick up in the pass game. Just need to look at him vs Bills

It's telling that Lewis was rested, Bill virtually never does that. Blount might come in on the occasional match up but Lewis is clearly the main man. His snap count his much higher than previous RBs in New England and his pass protection has been excellent

You're right about the past RBs in NE but I think this year is different

Coleman will be out for a while with ribs they won't rush him back while freeman is catching pigeons

Couldn't disagree more, there are more RB and WR than QBs, therefore the drop off after Rodgers, Brady, Ben etc is greater in fantasy terms. You get one of them and you have an advantage in most games. Similar to if you have Gronk at TE.

Agreed. Unless you've got one of the few elite QB's you're probably best going on a matchup basis. ie anyone v the Bears ;)

I've used Eli Manning, Dalton and Tyrod Taylor so far in different leagues. Not attached to any of them I'll probably chop and change quite a few times by the end of the season

Agree to disagree. Where he might lose out on the run game he'll more than pick up in the pass game. Just need to look at him vs Bills

It's telling that Lewis was rested, Bill virtually never does that. Blount might come in on the occasional match up but Lewis is clearly the main man. His snap count his much higher than previous RBs in New England and his pass protection has been excellent

You're right about the past RBs in NE but I think this year is different

I'll have a 10p bet with you both. Blount will see more snaps and carries than Lewis for the rest of the season (injury permitting of course).

Couldn't disagree more, there are more RB and WR than QBs, therefore the drop off after Rodgers, Brady, Ben etc is greater in fantasy terms. You get one of them and you have an advantage in most games. Similar to if you have Gronk at TE.

That is true in real football but not fantasy. The QB position has the least statistical variance from the top position to the bottom end (say QB20) compared to WR or RB. The WR and RB, at the top 1-8 positions, are far more valuable than QBs and that's why they go first in drafts.

If you have have a top end WR and RB you can easily win a league streaming QBs and playing the match ups

Not sure about that as you just need to look at Taylor, Palmer & Dalton just to start with. The 3 of them have had better seasons than Brady points wise

I'll have a 10p bet with you both. Blount will see more snaps and carries than Lewis for the rest of the season (injury permitting of course).

It's a bit rich for my blood but why not. Only live once :lol:

Let's make it interesting and say that the the loser owes the winner a pint, which is redeemable for the next 50 years.

So if you win and we happen to meet randomly in 5 years time I owe you a beer and vice versa

That is true in real football but not fantasy. The QB position has the least statistical variance from the top position to the bottom end (say QB20) compared to WR or RB. The WR and RB, at the top 1-8 positions, are far more valuable than QBs and that's why they go first in drafts.

If you have have a top end WR and RB you can easily win a league streaming QBs and playing the match ups

Could make the same argument in my favour if you have Gronk and Aaron Rodgers then matchup WRs. There's no ONE way to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back