• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their.

Their.

You're welcome.

their for people, there for place, i'm learning :p

I'm getting the citzen advice phone calls now about some debt , and when you say hello you can hear yourself a few seconds later speaking , so played with echo and kept saying hellooooooooooooo till he hung up.

its the old people they get with these scams :evil::evil: ,

bt8500 is the boy for this sort of thing, have not had one since we got it. it blocks the calls before the phone even rings, so only people you have in your contacts list gets through unchallenged, everybody else has to announce who they are or they dont get through at all, so every auto dialler instantly is blocked, you can blanket block international numbers as well

Seconded. I bought one of these phones about a week ago, and I haven't had any junk calls since. Excellent.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/home...bt8500-review-the-best-call-blocker-phone-yet

The Microsoft "Errors in the computer Event Log" is my favourite. I used to get 3 of them every day when working from home (which is a real eye opener on how often the fecking phone does ring in the day with bullshit calls). I had a little challenge to see if I could beat my longest time (at their expense) on the phone. My record was 5 minutes. Once I got all the way to the hand-rubbing stage where the monkeys with the script hand over to the next level sales team. It was only then that we both realised looking at my microwave and not the laptop. Another time it transpired I was using a Mac not a Windows machine. I was amazed that an Indian person had such a grasp of English profanities.

Other tactics are just to say "Hang on I'll just go and get him...." then leave the phone off the hook at their expense.
Or just test the smoke alarm is working... down the phone.
I like these calls. I let them log on then keep moving the mouse and deny I'm doing it. Or as soon as they right click to get the context menu I hit the escape key to make it disappear and deny Im doing it. I then pretend to get anxious about the virus he told me was about to crash my PC and tell him to hurry up. Ive also got opera installed with its home page set to the trading standards warning page about this scam. I launch it from a hot key on my keyboard I also have a hot key to flip my screen upsidedown. Hours of fun!

Recorded messages are the worst like. "We could not be bothered to employ a student to read a script at you so please listen to this advert". Does anyone actually sit through listening to it?

I don't like the fishing ones either. My wife had one the other day "Hi, I'm calling about the motor accident you had in the last 3 years". She told them to get stuffed where as I'd have been tempted to string them along. "I can still hear the screams...the screams...they come to me in the night....get them out of my head...."

My favourite one is when i pretend to be Philip Seymour Hoffman in Mission Impossible 3, when i ask 'where is the rabbits foot' totally fucks them up, especially if they are from india

had a one going for 19 mins the other day- despite giving my postcode as a school in Northumberland when they repeated back to me I just said yes ( I had no idea what they said) = they told me my address was bath street in Taunton - I just said aye sent me the forms out

if any of you are with sky for your phone, there is a option auto selected in the web control pannel where you are opted in to receive telemarketing calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back