Off work sick but seen out

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Got better" is subjective. I will often try and go for a walk once I've come out of a migraine. It does not mean I am fit to work. I generally will not be good to do anything constructive for the rest of the day after having a migraine.
I don't doubt it but our hero has been asked for a bit more detail & he's conspicuous by his absence. My missus suffers as well, quite debilitating, which is why I'm a bit suspicious that he may be describing a bit of a headache as a "migraine"

Unless of course he's not contributing cos he's in ITU...

I get migraines, and when I am having a bad period I have to work pretty hard to organise my life and my work around them. Most get me in the evening. In 16 years of working I have only had them strike me in the workplace 3 times. I do everything I can to avoid them. I don't drink alcohol, I stopped eating chocolate and drinking caffeinated drinks, and I am generally very careful about how I eat and sleep.

In spite of that I still get them, and they are usually horrible. There is a difference between a migraine and a headache. I consider myself lucky, because they run in my family and two of my cousins get them much more frequently than me. Recently my youngest cousin ended up spending two days in hospital and is now on permanent medication. It took her a day to get her sight back, and two weeks later she is still not fit to drive. For some people migraines are probably closer to epilepsy than a straight forward headache. There are a lot of people whose lives are made pretty miserable by them, and in my experience some employers do not understand how serious and unpleasant it can be.
I get you are a bit touchy. For the record i am canny good at picking up this type of thing at an interview. It is unlikely that you and i would ever have a problem.

This payment to the man goes up every time I mention it!
Next time I have a years gardening leave let's discuss similar salaries.
No it doesn't, perhaps you're just not very good at maths.

I get you are a bit touchy. For the record i am canny good at picking up this type of thing at an interview. It is unlikely that you and i would ever have a problem.
I'm a bit touchy about bad headaches as well, for some reason.

A lad at work has went on the sick with depression and was told by Bupa to gan out and enjoy himself as much as possible.

I can understand where they are coming from, but it doesn't have annoy you when ya grafting ya balls of covering said people.

A lad at work has went on the sick with depression and was told by Bupa to gan out and enjoy himself as much as possible.

I can understand where they are coming from, but it doesn't have annoy you when ya grafting ya balls of covering said people.

You do the same, go out dancing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back