Off work sick but seen out

Status
Not open for further replies.

With respect, there's a huge difference between a migraine & headache.

A bit like the difference between a real member of the police force & a community support officer like yourself,
I always thought a migraine was a headache until the wife was hospitalised with one so severe we thought she was having a stroke.

I always thought a migraine was a headache until the wife was hospitalised with one so severe we thought she was having a stroke.
My missus spent a couple of days complaining of a blinding and debilitating headache. Ended up taking her to A&E and she was admitted for a week with Meningitis. She was off work for 4-5 weeks and when she returned her Head Teacher put "headaches" down on the RTW form :rolleyes:

Last week I got sent home early from work with really bad migraines and dizziness. Went home, called in sick the following day because I still did not feel 100%. Got to about midday and felt abit better so I went out for some fresh air.

Low and behold as I'm walking through the city centre I bump into a colleague who questions my time off.

Got back into work to find a meeting arrangement with my manager as to why I was seen outside.

What are the grounds on this? Surely if you are off sick and obviously feel better you can't be expected to stay in your home?

Firstly your work colleague is a twat.

Secondly, they can ultimately do fuck all - for all they know you were going to boots to get some tablets.

Thirdly, while you haven't done much wrong - ffs don’t go into town if you are feeling better. Use a bit of common sense :lol:

Firstly your work colleague is a twat.

Secondly, they can ultimately do fuck all - for all they know you were going to boots to get some tablets.

Thirdly, while you haven't done much wrong - ffs don’t go into town if you are feeling better. Use a bit of common sense :lol:
Agree. Unless, as I said, he has previous.....

My lass got a severe 'headache' during a flight from San Diego a couple of years ago. We had to fly to London before the connection home & it was getting worse & worse. I'm not ashamed to admit I was shitting myself but had to keep it together for her sake. No point in 2 of us not thinking straight. Anyway, we got home & I had to phone the doctor the next day. She was rushed to hospital by ambulance & had a lumbar puncture, was kept in for 2 weeks & was more or less bed bound for another 5 or 6 weeks when she got home. Something to do with fluid around the brain or something like that. I can't remember the exact details. I don't remember either how long it was before she went back to work.

All over a headache. What a stupid f***ing bitch.

A bit like the difference between a real member of the police force & a community support officer like yourself,

you have rumbled me, oh no just checked the card and it still says police constable

then again not like you to talk shit is it?

Are you saying that migraines are the official cover for beating/fitting innocents up?

you have rumbled me, oh no just checked the card and it still says police constable

then again not like you to talk shit is it?
It's a fake then mate. Should say "police cuntstable".

My lass got a severe 'headache' during a flight from San Diego a couple of years ago. We had to fly to London before the connection home & it was getting worse & worse. I'm not ashamed to admit I was shitting myself but had to keep it together for her sake. No point in 2 of us not thinking straight. Anyway, we got home & I had to phone the doctor the next day. She was rushed to hospital by ambulance & had a lumbar puncture, was kept in for 2 weeks & was more or less bed bound for another 5 or 6 weeks when she got home. Something to do with fluid around the brain or something like that. I can't remember the exact details. I don't remember either how long it was before she went back to work.

All over a headache. What a stupid f***ing bitch.
I had meningococcal scepticemia when I was 16. Sounds exactly the same thing. Thing is, I used to get blinding migraines fairly frequently, never had one since the illness.

I had meningococcal scepticemia when I was 16. Sounds exactly the same thing. Thing is, I used to get blinding migraines fairly frequently, never had one since the illness.

That could possibly what my one had. She used to always get migraines, sorry, "headaches" :rolleyes: before this happened but not as much anymore, although she does still get them at times. If she's stressed out or has something big in work coming up she'd get them still but nowhere near as bad as before. It's not fun to have to see so I can only imagine what it's like to have to experience it 1st hand.

First of all, you need to make sure you arm yourself right here. Was it definitely a migraine? Did it start with any kind of aura or loss of sensation in the face or limbs? Have you had anything like this happen before?

I would then make sure your employer understands that a migraine is an actual medical condition, affecting your awareness and ability to do your job. I would make it clear to them that it is not acceptable to try and write it off as 'just a headache'. Migraine usually follow the pattern on a period of loss of sensation and some confusion followed by a period of intense pain. When it has ended it can take some time to get back to normal. It is entirely reasonable to take a walk to gauge how you are feeling, or just to get some fresh air, and it not acceptable to a colleague to approach you in the street and start giving you grief for being out of work.

Really, what has it got to do with your colleague? If they have a problem with you they should save it for work, not when you are off sick. They have no right to ask you about your health, it is absolutely none of their business. For me, I would make it clear I would not accept colleagues approaching me in the street, you are not accountable to them, and you do not need to answer questions. You might have been on the way to the doctor or the pharmacy or whatever. You might have asked your managers to tell your colleagues that it was a migraine, but actually, while you keep a brain tumour quiet for all they know. Even if it was your manager, they have no right to challenge you in public, they need to wait until you get back to work. It is not like you called in sick, you were at work suffering the symptoms and were sent home.

Make it clear to them that you will discuss the migraine with your doctor and will take whatever steps necessary to limit the impact of future migraines on your work, or them striking during work, but the fact that you were at work when one happened shows that you are prepared to come in even when the warning signs that you might have one are there. Don't take any nonsense from them, just keep it calm and make it matter of fact.
Another work shy fucker.

I've telt you before - once you get your xmas tips from your paper--round book some flights to Prague and I'll get you 'shit-your-pant's' pissed
Is this pant papping Prague pissup potentially possible? If so I'm in.

Last edited:
If you're dumb enough to 'wander' around town when supposedly Ill,
you can assume your job must not take much intellect, in which case chances are the bosses are just as stupid.

In order to elude punishment, use the following buzzwords to bamboozle them:
Discrimination,
Homosexual,
Racist,
Transgender,
Disabled,
Wheelchair,
Bullying,
Rape,
Molestation.

A random concoction of the above will surely suffice.

p.s if you're still drunk from the pints of fresh air you were getting, this isn't to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back