Off work sick but seen out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My missus spent a couple of days complaining of a blinding and debilitating headache. Ended up taking her to A&E and she was admitted for a week with Meningitis. She was off work for 4-5 weeks and when she returned her Head Teacher put "headaches" down on the RTW form :rolleyes:
Probably couldn't spell meningitis!

Not even the shitting?

Fuck me the Hawes piss up leaves you to shame.

We could always do an expat piss up back home - could even invite some of those cockney wankers. How about the Liverpool game?
provisional plans were to visit in march. of this year.

will have to wait until the lambinator ahs his little mini-me and it settles down.

I've had the same problem mate, I was in in car crash and broke my leg badly and was off work for 5 months. Anyway after a few months I got my cast off and got new car and started to drive a little and take the bairn up to school which was about 7 miles away at the time. Next thing my sick pay stops and I was called into the office. They couldn't understand that there is a massive difference between driving a few mile up the road and working 12 hour shifts on a busted leg. When I went went to acas and threatened them with employment tribunal they shit shit themselves and bent over backwards to accommodate me. I left as soon as I was better like because I was fucked off.

I've had the same problem mate, I was in in car crash and broke my leg badly and was off work for 5 months. Anyway after a few months I got my cast off and got new car and started to drive a little and take the bairn up to school which was about 7 miles away at the time. Next thing my sick pay stops and I was called into the office. They couldn't understand that there is a massive difference between driving a few mile up the road and working 12 hour shifts on a busted leg. When I went went to acas and threatened them with employment tribunal they shit shit themselves and bent over backwards to accommodate me. I left as soon as I was better like because I was fucked off.
My work used to send a taxi to pick me up and drop me off for two or three hours a day or whatever I could manage. It got a bit cheaper for them once I was out of the wheelchair.

Last week I got sent home early from work with really bad migraines and dizziness. Went home, called in sick the following day because I still did not feel 100%. Got to about midday and felt abit better so I went out for some fresh air.

Low and behold as I'm walking through the city centre I bump into a colleague who questions my time off.

Got back into work to find a meeting arrangement with my manager as to why I was seen outside.

What are the grounds on this? Surely if you are off sick and obviously feel better you can't be expected to stay in your home?

Jesus christ.....its simple, tell them you were getting back to 100% and was taking a walk to see if you up to it, nuff said, see if you can get a doctors not, anyone with common sense can see your situation...

Last week I got sent home early from work with really bad migraines and dizziness. Went home, called in sick the following day because I still did not feel 100%. Got to about midday and felt abit better so I went out for some fresh air.

Low and behold as I'm walking through the city centre I bump into a colleague who questions my time off.

Got back into work to find a meeting arrangement with my manager as to why I was seen outside.

What are the grounds on this? Surely if you are off sick and obviously feel better you can't be expected to stay in your home?

If you felt better, why didn't you go into work on the afternoon?

uh oh! someone know their rights!!!!! Everybody OUT!!!!! :)
Union rep?
Another work shy fucker.

I get migraines, and when I am having a bad period I have to work pretty hard to organise my life and my work around them. Most get me in the evening. In 16 years of working I have only had them strike me in the workplace 3 times. I do everything I can to avoid them. I don't drink alcohol, I stopped eating chocolate and drinking caffeinated drinks, and I am generally very careful about how I eat and sleep.

In spite of that I still get them, and they are usually horrible. There is a difference between a migraine and a headache. I consider myself lucky, because they run in my family and two of my cousins get them much more frequently than me. Recently my youngest cousin ended up spending two days in hospital and is now on permanent medication. It took her a day to get her sight back, and two weeks later she is still not fit to drive. For some people migraines are probably closer to epilepsy than a straight forward headache. There are a lot of people whose lives are made pretty miserable by them, and in my experience some employers do not understand how serious and unpleasant it can be.

I get migraines, and when I am having a bad period I have to work pretty hard to organise my life and my work around them. Most get me in the evening. In 16 years of working I have only had them strike me in the workplace 3 times. I do everything I can to avoid them. I don't drink alcohol, I stopped eating chocolate and drinking caffeinated drinks, and I am generally very careful about how I eat and sleep.

In spite of that I still get them, and they are usually horrible. There is a difference between a migraine and a headache. I consider myself lucky, because they run in my family and two of my cousins get them much more frequently than me. Recently my youngest cousin ended up spending two days in hospital and is now on permanent medication. It took her a day to get her sight back, and two weeks later she is still not fit to drive. For some people migraines are probably closer to epilepsy than a straight forward headache. There are a lot of people whose lives are made pretty miserable by them, and in my experience some employers do not understand how serious and unpleasant it can be.
Pretty scary stuff mate

Sympathies and that but OP got better in a couple of hours, went out for "fresh air" & was captured by some poor bugger who'd had to do all of his work...

Sympathies and that but OP got better in a couple of hours, went out for "fresh air" & was captured by some poor bugger who'd had to do all of his work...

"Got better" is subjective. I will often try and go for a walk once I've come out of a migraine. It does not mean I am fit to work. I generally will not be good to do anything constructive for the rest of the day after having a migraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back