Off work sick but seen out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's different aye :D nee appointments at the docs here - just roll up for 7am and get seen.

I could drop in on my way home from a night out, he'd probably give me a month on the sick straight away when he saw the state I was in.

Only problem is I don't get sick pay or holiday pay. Bastards.

I could drop in on my way home from a night out, he'd probably give me a month on the sick straight away when he saw the state I was in.

Only problem is I don't get sick pay or holiday pay. Bastards.

I get holiday pay but the first 3 days I am off sick is unpaid and then I get 60% of my salary for the rest of the time

Last week I got sent home early from work with really bad migraines and dizziness. Went home, called in sick the following day because I still did not feel 100%. Got to about midday and felt abit better so I went out for some fresh air.

Low and behold as I'm walking through the city centre I bump into a colleague who questions my time off.

Got back into work to find a meeting arrangement with my manager as to why I was seen outside.

What are the grounds on this? Surely if you are off sick and obviously feel better you can't be expected to stay in your home?

If you were feeling better at lunchtime, why didn't you go into work will be one question you will face.

As for the colleague who reported you, I hope they can live with themselves for being a dirty grass as you might have been on the way to your GP or the hospital. I'd have thought a little quicker on your feet if I were you.

I would offer to take off the time lost as leave to keep the peace.

I have images of him tipping a can into his wired shut teeth and it going all over his face. and him getting incredibly frustrated.

Didn't even fancy a beer to be honest, 7 weeks without a beer and the weekend before I was having the wires taken off I went out to watch the footy - had 1 try of a pint, put it down and ordered a tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back