Offshore workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been offshore (yet), but I work for a company who fabricates modules and blast walls for the offshore market. I've been on a few during build stage.

I can't wait til I'm retired. up dead early, out with the dog, back for a spot of breakfast and get the fire going. f***ing magic.
Novelty would wear off after a year or so.
Then I'm afraid you would turn into a lonely old man who's no use to anyone who wishes he was 40 again and back at work .

Seen it happen dozens of times.

Enjoy now ,before ya backs fucked.

Then I'm afraid you would turn into a lonely old man who's no use to anyone who wishes he was 40 again and back at work .

Happy days

Aye, still offshore after 31 years. 26 in the North Sea and the last 5 international.
Sick as a chip of all the travelling now, had enough of it.:cry:
Looking for a job back home.

You're easily the most cheerful fellow on here like.

I wouldnt mind changing career and working on rigs/offshore. Any jobs going for unskilled workers? :lol:

A bloke asked me if I could put a word in for him. His trade? Carpet fitter. Crying out for them like.
:lol::lol:

I remember a few years back sitting on a train and earwigging a lad across the way who was talking to his agency. Oil worker heading back to his rig after his leave and his guy was trying to convince him to go to Nigeria - the lad was pale as he repeatedly told the agency that he wasn't going there as he'd met a lass with a kid and couldn't face the thought of being lifted out there.
Very surreal listening to it.

I get 6 months of the year off and I have a whale of a time. Can't wait to be full blown retired.

Same here Ouro.
I'm 55 next year and can start to take my private pension if I want to.
I always enjoy my time off, and I can honestly say that I have never been bored on my time off.
Can't wait to hang up my welding screen!!:lol::lol:

Unfortunately in my experience, offshore workers point blank refuse to talk about the fact that they work offshore mate. It's like a secret club where they have agreed to never mention where they work, what they do or most importantly, how much they earn.

Fair play to them like.

Shhhh man!!!!

A bloke asked me if I could put a word in for him. His trade? Carpet fitter. Crying out for them like.
We've just got an ex builder on as a materials man! :lol:

I get 6 months of the year off and I have a whale of a time. Can't wait to be full blown retired.
Just 6 off? Meh! ;)

Peanut heed was telling me most of the lads live in fear offshore scared to speak up about safety paralysed in fear of losing there jobs.not many in a union .the pay is super for the skilled few but most are having the piss took out of them by the oil companies like.
He was on 3200 a year for making beds and cleaning fucked it off he's just got a job as a post delivery driver on nights and works part time job as a lollipop man .

Said he's never seen so many yes men in one place oh his platform feels sorry for the poor fuckers on there should be paid more one lad lost his child benefit as he went over 44000 grand as a process man.works out peanut head is on more money and he's in the club all weekend and dinner time

Peanut heed was telling me most of the lads live in fear offshore scared to speak up about safety paralysed in fear of losing there jobs.not many in a union .the pay is super for the skilled few but most are having the piss took out of them by the oil companies like.
He was on 3200 a year for making beds and cleaning fucked it off he's just got a job as a post delivery driver on nights and works part time job as a lollipop man .

Said he's never seen so many yes men in one place oh his platform feels sorry for the poor fuckers on there should be paid more one lad lost his child benefit as he went over 44000 grand as a process man.works out peanut head is on more money and he's in the club all weekend and dinner time

A lot of lads are scared to speak up, most of the core crew lads don't want to rock the boat.

There is a lot of double standards offshore. One bloke can get praised for putting his diet coke can in the correct skip but there are times when spills into the sea happen and it's covered up.

It's the helicopters for me like, hate the bastards and refused to fly on one a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back