Pink Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfortunately

itll be poor imo - unused recording from 94 - hardly vintage floyd!!! and with no likelyhood of waters being anywhere - stick to the solo albums gilmour. If they tour just imagine how much the ticket price would be!!!! unfortunately you cant recreate the past with only two members

Might be in a minority, but I'm looking forward to it

Loved the Division Bell, and I think anything they wrote with Rick Wright should be aired - not sure Gilmour and Mason are enough to mantain the name on their own, but the 3 of them was certainly enough.

Saying that, if they toured I'd pay for tickets as long as they kept the price under 100 quid. They're still what remains of one of the groups that were my musical heroes, and its not like I could go and see their last tour (I was 3 at the time)

Loved the Division Bell, and I think anything they wrote with Rick Wright should be aired - not sure Gilmour and Mason are enough to mantain the name on their own, but the 3 of them was certainly enough.

Saying that, if they toured I'd pay for tickets as long as they kept the price under 100 quid. They're still what remains of one of the groups that were my musical heroes, and its not like I could go and see their last tour (I was 3 at the time)

It'll be different but I can't see it being shite.

I believe when waters was back for the live earth gig or whatever it was called that all wasn't exactly cordial. No surprise to see he's not back. Supposedly it was mason that has the problem with him

Like the rest of Floyd's post Waters stuff this album will sound exactly like a Gilmour solo effort. Final Cut was indulgent rubbish for the most part but that band still needs that voice to make it work imho.

yeah i can understand that - spose im lucky having seen them previously. Oh and Roger Waters mum was my school teacher in '73 - hows that for a tenuous link to fame!!! lol

I'm looking forward to the album but I'm not holding my breath about a tour (which would probably mean Wembley). Gilmour more or less toured PF in support of 'On an Island' (or whatever it was called) and you're right, he and Nick Mason aren't PF. IIRC Waters more or less suggested a tour after Live8 and DG wasn't having any, and I'm not sure why things would have changed now.

I'm looking forward to the album but I'm not holding my breath about a tour (which would probably mean Wembley). Gilmour more or less toured PF in support of 'On an Island' (or whatever it was called) and you're right, he and Nick Mason aren't PF. IIRC Waters more or less suggested a tour after Live8 and DG wasn't having any, and I'm not sure why things would have changed now.
yes thats right - seems gilmour having established himself as 'band leader' quite rightfully - hes putting his foot down where once it was waters not wanting anything to do with floyd its the other way round now - shame they cant just get it together now i would pay to see that but only with waters

yeah i can understand that - spose im lucky having seen them previously. Oh and Roger Waters mum was my school teacher in '73 - hows that for a tenuous link to fame!!! lol

Pretty good one that mind :lol: Me Fatha saw them at Earls Court doing the Wall, but I've never even seen any of them live solo. Maybe one of these days eh?

The Wall - it was certainly iconic at the time a real landmark of my mid/late teens - however it was too dark for me - much preferred the hippier trippier stuff of the late 60s - now i wish i could have seen them then!!!!!

It'll be different but I can't see it being shite.

I believe when waters was back for the live earth gig or whatever it was called that all wasn't exactly cordial. No surprise to see he's not back. Supposedly it was mason that has the problem with him

I saw Waters on the In The Flesh Tour and Nick Mason played some songs with him that night. If there were any problems, it looks like they've been sorted.

Like the rest of Floyd's post Waters stuff this album will sound exactly like a Gilmour solo effort. Final Cut was indulgent rubbish for the most part but that band still needs that voice to make it work imho.

I like Gilmour's playing but I think that the songs are just an excuse for another big guitar solo. It almost feels like the solos were written first and songs tagged on afterwards.

Another problem for me is the way Gilmour fought for the Floyd brand name, won, made millions from it and then refused to have anything to do with it for years. He must need the cash...

Last edited:
The Wall - it was certainly iconic at the time a real landmark of my mid/late teens - however it was too dark for me - much preferred the hippier trippier stuff of the late 60s - now i wish i could have seen them then!!!!!
Seen the wall at earls court '82? . Top stuff . Wish you were here a personal favourite album .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back