Pink Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like the rest of Floyd's post Waters stuff this album will sound exactly like a Gilmour solo effort. Final Cut was indulgent rubbish for the most part but that band still needs that voice to make it work imho.

Love Waters but he is a miserable twat. Like most bands they are better together than apart. I'd pay a fortune to see the 3 of them play together again. My mate saw them in 2005 and said it was an incredible experience.

Except for Dark Side of the Moon. Or if the mood takes me, Meddle.
Agree :oops: love Meddle.

Probably controversial. but I found the 'Final Cut' album to be the last good/great Floyd album.
I also rated the 3 Roger Waters solo studio albums very highly.
Just a shame they can not work together anymore, and I hope they don't tour again as the Floyd as I'd have to spend a lot of hard earned money to go to (probably) London to see them. Couldn't let it pass without going though.
Final Cut is basically a Waters solo album. I listened to it once but never again.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have left it at The Wall. Always go out on top.

Incidentally am I the one who likes Atom Heart Mother? Doesn't seem to get much of a mention when people talk about Floyd albums.

They should have left it at The Wall. Always go out on top.

Incidentally am I the one who likes Atom Heart Mother? Doesn't seem to get much of a mention when people talk about Floyd albums.
That, Meddle and The Wall are their best, for me

If and Fat Old Sun :cool:

I'd forgotten the studio album in Ummagumma. That's mostly pants anarl, I'll stick with the live album (which is class).
It was really just an experiment. They each had half a side with which to do a solo piece. Why they wanted to release it I'm not sure, but the live record was the vehicle with which to do so I think. Without that, I doubt they'd have quite gotten away with it.

I saw Waters play The Wall at the MEN a few years ago and it was the best gig I've ever been too. I'd love to see the Floyd live...even without Waters. I remember seeing the live Pulse recordings at Earls Court and they were f***ing amazing. Seen the Australian Pink Floyd and Brit Floyd a couple of times and really enjoyed it. I agree that the post-Waters Floyd is a poor comparison to the real thing (A Momentary Lapse of Reason being one of the worst Floyd albums - I just can't listen to it), however I really like the Division Bell. Apprehensively looking forward to the new album...I just HOPE that it's not really shit.

DSOTM is a f***ing brilliant, timeless album, but the one I keep going back to is Animals. Never really got the whole Wish You Were Here thing.

Waters solo stuff after he left Floyd (Pro's and Con's, Radio Kaos and Amused to Deaths) are more 'Floyd' Than anything Gilmour did afterwards. However, I can't get away with The Final Cut.

I also struggle to listen to anything before Meddle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back